Post your PC Setup, and clientside scripts/mods you use

KILROY

Re: Post your PC Setup, and clientside scripts/mods you use

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:Yeah, it's annoying as hell.

So, on an unrelated topic... My Mom wants to move closer to me, and got offered a job at the local hospital. She asked me to check out a rental house she found on craigslist, which appears to be a scammer.

http://providence.craigslist.org/apa/5353737174.html
The image is ripped from a $1200/month ad, which has many more photos and different contact info.
The "home owner" claims to be a missionary in "West Africa", trying to rent out his primary residence for a few years.
His phone number is from Texas, but the home is in Rhode Island.
And searching for the guy's name on Facebook turns up a guy who lives in North Carolina.

My Mom wants me to report him to the local police department, but I'd rather get some internet justice... What's your opinion, on the matter?
Hmm...interesting and fishy. Since it's on Craigslist, I take it the person who owns the home posted this, not a real estate agency. I would check with the Rhode Island City Housing Authority to make sure this is on the up and up. They would know more about the property and the home owner to see if it's legit, by who pays it's taxes yearly. Just let them know you found it posted on Craigslist as a rental property and want to be sure it's a legit property for rent, and would like some more information if available before making a decision. If it turns out it's not, then I would relay the info. to the legal authorities and let them take it from there. With the phone contact being in Texas, it could be a person who bought the home on a repo, or foreclosure and is trying to rent it due to probably not being able to sell it. It's possible that the person owning the home that is away on missionary trips in West Africa could have a friend or relative that is watching the residence while they are away for the rental, and the name you looked up could be just a name that a same person in Texas has, but you could probably find more out by contacting the Rhode Island City Housing Authority, or they could point you in the right direction to find out more details.

EDIT: Not sure where in Rhode Island this is, but here's a site with listings for the Authority in particular areas:

http://www.rhodeislandhousing.org/sp.cfm?pageid=612
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Middletown... Their webpage is unavailable.

Here's the thing... It's definitely a scam... More than 50 percent of the Craigslist ads are scams, specifically in the housing category, as that's where the largest transactions occur.

What the scammers do is copy an ad.... Not the whole ad, though... They typically only use one picture, and change the contact info.
Real ads typically have at least 4 photos and publically posted contact info for a real estate agent's office.
The scammers typically use the craigslist email proxy system to protect their identity, and then provide long distance contact info via email.

The extremely long form letter reply is another clue, seeing how the landlord's whereabouts are none of my concern.
In fact, the claim of being in West Africa is a really good reason TO use a realtor or local friend as a middleman, because no one wants a realtor who is in another fucking country unless they're drug dealers or something sketchy like that.

Anywho, my point is, it's definitely a scam, and I don't see a point in telling the police, since they would have already done something about the fact that 2/3-3/4 of all craigslist housing ads are scams, if they could do anything about it at all.

I think clicking the "report scam" button on the ad would be more effective. But I kinda wanted to make up a fake persona and toy with the scammer a little bit, first.

But now I'm bored with the idea, so I'm just gonna click the report scam link.
jINKS{OZ}

Post by jINKS{OZ} »

Motherboard:

H97M Anniversary
Supports 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® Processors (Socket 1150)
Supports New 4th and 4th Generation Intel® Xeon® / Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® Processors (Socket 1150)
Solid Capacitor design
Supports Dual Channel DDR3/DDR3L 1600
1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 2.0 x1
Graphics Output Options : DVI-D, D-Sub, HDMI
Supports Triple Monitor
Realtek Gigabit LAN
5.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps
6 SATA3, 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 (2 Front, 2 Rear), 8 USB 2.0 (4 Front, 4 Rear)
Supports ASRock Cloud, APP Shop, Full Spike Protection, FAN-Tastic Tuning, USB Key

Processor:

Intel core i7 i7-4790k LGA1150

Clock Speed 4GHz
Max. Turbo Frequency 4.4GHz
Cache 8MB
Cores / Threads 4 Cores / 8 Threads
Processor Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 YES
Intel® Hyper-Threading YES
Unlocked YES

Graphics:

Nvidia Geforce GT 740,
the 4 GB version, cant for the life of me figure out what the Video ports are for,
and the sound card NEVER installs correctly and i cant use my mic. My 3.5mm ports works and i got headphones so its "ok".

Ram: 16GB, still havent upgraded my memory to 32gb, i want to but money has changed :(

Fans: 1

PSU: I think 450w, has enough to power what i have - i dont use extra HDDs.

HDD: 1 TB SATA

DVD drive:SATA, name brand but cant flip it right now, my tower didnt have the proper screws to hold down a
micro motherboard so its a little fragile.

Just use presto and Newopts, 1.40 wont work on my CPU, could be Windows 10, don't know... tried 2 times already.

Thts it folks, hope u like the setup!
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Not sure what your talking about when you mention video ports. I'm assuming they are on the motherboard, not video card and are outputs. If so, you relayed it supports triple monitors, and these could be the ports so you can add those monitors. Some video cards support this also, like my laptop, supports dual monitor hook-ups, which is what my ports are for.

As for your sound card not working with you on Windows 10, I don't have any experience with Windows 10 since I still use Windows 8.1 and Vista (Keep this so I can continue to play the StarCraft & Warcraft series solo) on 2 different laptops, but still have Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Server on different hard drives on my Quad Processor tower. You might want to check this site out for assistance on this:

https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardw ... rsion.html

Also, you might want to try this program called Sound Blaster Cinema. There's a version 2 and 3 that are out, that I haven't used, so not familiar with what they do, I still use the original version, but it will make any small, cheap speaker setup, sound like a large expensive setup. With your Realtek, you won't be disappointed. Being a car audio professional in my past, I'm working on finding a way to download this to the current head units out today to be used, so one can eliminate the use of an active or passive EQ that has to be installed in your vehicle to change sound frequencies. This program allowed me to take a pair of $25 Logitech 2.1 speakers with a 5 1/4-inch subwoofer, and make them sound like a pair of high dollar speakers with the use of also using Realtek HD Audio Manager.

https://www.creative.com/oem/products/s ... cinema.asp

And as for fans, don't forget the one or two fans on that GT740 video card you have ;)

I only use Tribes 1.30 with NewOpts and Presto
jINKS{OZ}

Post by jINKS{OZ} »

Ah I forgot, it was my first pc build but I tend to forget the small details. If u saw my setup u would cry "noob" to me, my psu is being supported by cardboard lmao :hbeat: I'll check out that page but I feel like if the drivers that came with it don't work, I'm just kinda screwed :\
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Tribes Rig
windows 8.1

processor: intel pentium G3240 @ 3.10Ghz
processor speed 3093 Mhz
4gb ram
64 bit os

onboard intel HD graphics vga @ 1920x1080
shader version 5.0
OpenGL version 4.3
OpenCL version 1.2

direct x 11.1-2

Tribes Setup

Tribes 1.41 afterhope (with plugin autoloader)

(plugins)
skybox
netset
Level of detail
chat input
no green
blue lines

(scripts)
modified zodds zoom snipe (modified to work with annihilation and various other mods)
advanced muting (mutes all soundpacks except tribes default and mutes duplicated messages)
third person flag switch (switches to third then first person when flag is mounted and vice versa)
jump jet (can't bunny hop without this lol)
legendz time hud (so i can see time and date 00:00 is a magical hour of tribe)
netset change (adjust net settings at intervals of 16)
poop pilot sense (cracks out sensitivity at the press of a button for piloting mode then switches back to normal aiming)
server message filter (removes any death message from the chat bubble)
team hud (shows the names of your teammates in the corner of the screen)
kill pop (shows kills and team kills at the bottom of the screen. displays like midair hit messages)
boots fov changer (change field of view with a macro)
dropper (big bunny style dropper for 1.4)
autkit (uses a repair kit when armor is low)
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Yeah man, you ever need a good pilot, that's S_hift, one of the best in the game!