FIX UR TRIBES Master Servers + Exploit Protection ( . Y . )

S_hift

FIX UR TRIBES Master Servers + Exploit Protection ( . Y . )

Post by S_hift »

many people still don't have the master list updated on their configs. to update your master server list go into config delete serverconfig.cs

Start Tribes and hit the tilde key to bring up the console and paste this code into there. The paste hotkey is "CTRL V"

Code: Select all

%t=newObject(x,FearGuiFormattedText);if($badwords != "")addExportText("$badwords = \""@$badwords@"\";");addExportText("File::delete(\"config\\GameServerList.cs\");deleteObject(nameToID(\"x\"));");exportObjectToScript(x,"config\\badwords.cs");deleteObject(%t);$Server::CurrentMaster = "0";$Server::MasterAddressN0 = "t1m1.tribes0.com:28000 t1m1.masters.tribesmasterserver.com:28000 t1m1.pu.net:28000 skbmaster.ath.cx:28000 kigen.ath.cx:28000 t1m1.masters.dynamix.com:28000";
This will add all the known existing master servers.

NoFix explains how this works...
NoFix wrote:The exploit modifies the gameServerList.cs file in such a way that code can be executed when gameServerList.cs file is executed on launch.

This removes that possibility because it deletes the gameServerList.cs file before it can be executed. The down-side is you lose the gameServerList.cs file - your favorites, no-ping lists, etc. The up-side is you won't restart Tribes to deleted configuration files, a forced web-site launch, banishment from LastHope servers, or anything else you could think of.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Master Servers and Exploit Protection.

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I advise using Plasmatics master server. I've been using it for a few years now, and it has yet to let me down. Plasmatics master server is the Tribes0 one.

I've also been using this code shift pasted for several years, and it's rock solid. Good post shift!!
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Thanks man! I remember a while back I got redirected to lemonparty. I freaked out a little bit too. Needless to say it was a real eye opener.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:I advise using Plasmatics master server. I've been using it for a few years now, and it has yet to let me down. Plasmatics master server is the Tribes0 one.

I've also been using this code shift pasted for several years, and it's rock solid. Good post shift!!
Should I be ok here regarding this...? You got to go over my config the other day and it originated from your files as I understand it. Just wondering if I really need to mess with this...???
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

You might wanna delete your serverconfig.cs and then paste the code into your console. Then exit out of tribes from the ingame exit.

Better safe than sorry. Some servers even have the potential to do this to you without knowing. As some server owners don't use the exploit fix.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

S_hift wrote:You might wanna delete your serverconfig.cs and then paste the code into your console. Then exit out of tribes from the ingame exit.

Better safe than sorry. Some servers even have the potential to do this to you without knowing. As some server owners don't use the exploit fix.
Thanks Cypher. "ingame exit" ??? I don't have to be in a server right, delete serverconfig.cs from files, copy text then tild, paste and exit tribes? Sorry man I'm not into the tech of the game so much as the action of it. I just don't have time to spend on it, I knew more back in the day but that's been soooo long ago now. ( speaking of that, yesterday I found an old folder in my office that I'd printed out with all the six pack scripts info in it from years ago ... )
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

yeah just do it like that. If you're not pinging any servers just restart tribes a cuople times and it should update itself.
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Nice bros
EvilTree{OZ}
S_hift

Re: FIX UR TRIBES Master Servers + Exploit Protection ( . Y

Post by S_hift »

nice update crow
Rink

Re: FIX UR TRIBES Master Servers + Exploit Protection ( . Y

Post by Rink »

Well no matter what I do, or put in, nothing wants to help fix my Master Server problems.
And I have fought for HOURS to get the Master Servers to show UP!