Post by S_hift »

Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
Ninetails

Re: Tribes Ascend

Post by Ninetails »

{SW}SkyWalker wrote:
Ninetails wrote:
{SW}SkyWalker wrote:If it's still alive I will look into Getting it since I'm not buying an xbox anytime soon waiting for 360 Compat.
:fpalm: People are buying next gen and you're still waiting to buy last gen....
Well guess I didn't make that clear:I'M WAITING FOR 360 COMPATIBILITY ON THE XBOX ONE!!! :fpalm:
Well its not coming anytime lol...xbox 360 and xbox one have absolutely different hardware architecture so games made for 360 wont work on xbox one unless they are re-written for the xbox one.
On the flip side ps4 is working on cloud gaming so that u can play ur favorite ps3 games via streaming on ur ps4. Also games like Last of Us and Tomraider are being remastered for the Ps4, something that microsoft isn't worried about.
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

Ninetails wrote:
{SW}SkyWalker wrote:
Ninetails wrote:
{SW}SkyWalker wrote:If it's still alive I will look into Getting it since I'm not buying an xbox anytime soon waiting for 360 Compat.
:fpalm: People are buying next gen and you're still waiting to buy last gen....
Well guess I didn't make that clear:I'M WAITING FOR 360 COMPATIBILITY ON THE XBOX ONE!!! :fpalm:
Well its not coming anytime lol...xbox 360 and xbox one have absolutely different hardware architecture so games made for 360 wont work on xbox one unless they are re-written for the xbox one.
On the flip side ps4 is working on cloud gaming so that u can play ur favorite ps3 games via streaming on ur ps4. Also games like Last of Us and Tomraider are being remastered for the Ps4, something that microsoft isn't worried about.
Yes I am aware of the hardware difference it would be way to hard. Microsoft has said they are trying to make it so that windows, windows phone, and xbox's work together so that they can all play the same games and they are working on what PS is to cloud work for xbox 360-Xbox one
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

The funnest part about TA for me was following the comp scene and the twitch.tv streams where everyone would join off the host and fill a server which led to a lot more skilled matches versus joining a random queue or the exact opposite which would be where everyone would dick around while also watching the stream. The server browser did not come until later. As a tribes game it was shit if you were expecting tribes 1 or 2 in hd, but the online aspect was pretty fun and the forum flaming.

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Shrike surfing was fun, I wonder if you can still do it.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
0_-

Post by 0_- »

Tribes Ascend is a scam. I was banned for using a Skyrim injector to enhance the graphics. I did not play Tribes Ascend at the same time. Their anti cheat software runs in the background 24/7, which I thought was off because I constantly sought to disable it, thinking it was consuming RAM. Somehow it stayed on, detected the Skyrim injector and banned me from Tribes. 60 dollars gone. Everyone calls me an idiot because of that, but's its my computer and I didn't pay 900 dollars to upgrade my computer just to play Tribes Ascend only. Bloody ridiculous. Scam company, only operating because a millionaire pours his money into it, they screw over people constantly.
Stop. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply three times. Relax. Be here and now.
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

0_- wrote:Tribes Ascend is a scam. I was banned for using a Skyrim injector to enhance the graphics. I did not play Tribes Ascend at the same time. Their anti cheat software runs in the background 24/7, which I thought was off because I constantly sought to disable it, thinking it was consuming RAM. Somehow it stayed on, detected the Skyrim injector and banned me from Tribes. 60 dollars gone. Everyone calls me an idiot because of that, but's its my computer and I didn't pay 900 dollars to upgrade my computer just to play Tribes Ascend only. Bloody ridiculous. Scam company, only operating because a millionaire pours his money into it, they screw over people constantly.
I think Hirez took a step in the wrong direction with the paying for stuff, THIS SOUNDS LIKE CRAP and the original company shout still own it. :hbeat: :nono:
No matter how long I stay away from this game I will never forget the stuff this game and community forged onto my heart!
0_-

Post by 0_- »

It is pretty cool to play Tribes with modern graphics but honestly it's way different. Bases are way smaller, you feel like you are made out of lead, the jet packs are way weaker and you spend all your time skiing on the ground instead of in the sky. Its very different from Tribes 1. It was cool when they were patching it but when they stopped patching it and started freaking out about hackers, it started to suck.

They own the rights to Tribes 1 by the way. If they wanted to, if it was profitable, they could turn back on the master servers and start working on Tribes 1 with full legal rights.
{SW}SkyWalker

Post by {SW}SkyWalker »

0_- wrote:It is pretty cool to play Tribes with modern graphics but honestly it's way different. Bases are way smaller, you feel like you are made out of lead, the jet packs are way weaker and you spend all your time skiing on the ground instead of in the sky. Its very different from Tribes 1. It was cool when they were patching it but when they stopped patching it and started freaking out about hackers, it started to suck.

They own the rights to Tribes 1 by the way. If they wanted to, if it was profitable, they could turn back on the master servers and start working on Tribes 1 with full legal rights.
I'm aware of what hires can do, But he better not touch it! :madd:
0_-

Post by 0_- »

They will pour 20 million into upgrading graphics packs, adding 30 new vehicles, over 100 new base customization options, 30 new types of turrets, 12 new types of walls and forcefields, several new player models, as well as releasing the source to prismatic.