Re: Tribes Ascend

Post by S_hift »

lol bullshit.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

T:A was causing hirez to bleed money. The manpower cost compared to what was coming in from the game after the majority of people had already bought what they needed in the game is what basically forced them to drop support and focus on their moba which is a much more popular type of game that consistently brings in money over time instead of an initial flare and then almost nothing.
0_-

Post by 0_- »

They said they ended up roughly breaking even. They spent 20 million dollars and got just about that. Pretty good considering their only and last title lost money. Breaking even with ascend let them get a lot of publicity, establish themselves as a company and gain experience. It is what allowed Smite to become a success. But overall the fundamentals of their company are pretty broken, they are succeeding based on the huge productive and prosperity of America. In a less prosperous environment there might not be space for them because they don't support their old games that well. There are many free games like Path of Exile that provide tons of support and updates even when people aren't buying anything. So they have a problem I think... if one of their titles bombs then they are in trouble.
Stop. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply three times. Relax. Be here and now.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

pay to win ftw
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »