Why have the invisible effect?

0_-

Re: Why have the invisible effect?

Post by 0_- »

Erowid wrote:
Completely agree, the same effect you would get from a HoF, you could achieve from a well placed platform. Then in the time you are holding your penis on the flag you could have an entire laser turret setup. also.. chasing with a troll is fine and dandy, but i still prefer the ability to touch them from a distance with the ol' PB.
No not at all. Realizing that they cannot capture your flag, they will naturally begin destroying your mobile inventory, all your lasers, and all your other crap. Before you know it you are in the stone age, constantly going out there and setting up your little inventory station which is destroyed seconds later with you alongside it.
Stop. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply three times. Relax. Be here and now.
0_-

Post by 0_- »

dawn wrote:I sometimes wish I had an HoF watching my back while i set D, just to stop the initial onslaught.
some maps you can set a bare bones D to stop this, but most of the time not! Unless your team is first to
strike and take the opponents ability to attack, setting a decent defense can be a monumental job,especially
against nec and ghost. I know personally that first few minutes of a map I`m in panic mood to try and cover our flag.. :passout:
Finally, someone with good sense. That is exactly the whole point of it, to alleviate the pressure on you. That's exactly what I go to do first thing, to actually challenge and engage the invaders so they aren't focused on you. Then you get the laser turrets up, my job gets easier, and eventually I leave and go do other things because you have a nice static defense set up. It's a common sense thing, you do not have passive defense so you need active defense.
justR

Post by justR »

0_- wrote:
No need to get salty dude.

Not sure how interceptor is not useful, since all I am doing is contantly killing the "big name players", consuming their time and attention, harassing them, wounding and killing them. I can keep 3 "big name players" from attacking my base in a consistent way, that is not useful? Perhaps you better look again, next time leaving the negative and opinionated judgmental self behind.

HoF is great on a bunch of maps, like desert Canyon for example at the beginning, you always have warriors boosting to capture the flag and you can just gun them down with the minigun and detpack if the situation gets too hairy. This consume their attention and gives a chance for your team to build defense instead of being harassed. Then once static defenses are fully erect then you can begin more offensive maneuvering.

Maps with any similar layout also benefit from this. Any map where people will be sweeping right in to try and take the flag.

No one fires discs to knock the heavy out of the way. Much of the time they fly right into them or place some terrible plasma shots in the general direction of the HoF. To compound things you can even place a forcefield down with a heavy, strengthening your HoF position even more. With all of this hard evidence in place, it is astounding you can continue to debate this.
Idk about others, but when you, or anyone else in a vehicle comes at me I focus on you/them because I find it more enjoyable to duel people in vehicles than I do anything else while playing the map. If I’m actually trying to accomplish something in any armor then there is only a couple people who can get in my way via Scout, and you’re not one of them.

I don’t know which map Desert Canyon is so I can’t relate to that one, and I did hop in the private server to see if I could change it to that map but it wasn’t on the map list so maybe it’s new and I haven’t played it yet idk? The original argument was me stating that your hof position was never as useful as someone setting down defense/deployables. Now you're trying to argue something slightly different. Even then, there are more useful positions to your team than sitting on your flag in troll ready to detpack even if someone is already setting D. Shift, Grave and I spent hours and hours and hours on DC and RD trying to figure out the initial strats at map start that would play out the best vs. OZ, hof was never in our thought processes.
0_- wrote:No not at all. Realizing that they cannot capture your flag, they will naturally begin destroying your mobile inventory, all your lasers, and all your other crap. Before you know it you are in the stone age, constantly going out there and setting up your little inventory station which is destroyed seconds later with you alongside it.
which is the entire goal to begin with, "objective completed"
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Why would you ever HoF when you can have two active people setting static D... If you can't get your defenses up fast enough, and be active at the same time in doing it; then you shouldn't be setting defenses. I've always gotten a bare minimum 3xLaser setup at my front door, or at least in the vicinity of myself in order to kill people. You can set those up[ in literally less than 5 seconds.

The only time I ever lose a match is when my team's overall offense is horrible. Thus, the best defense is still an amazing offense.
dawn

Post by dawn »

some maps you don`t have 5 secs.\ :tease:
f0x

Post by f0x »

I don't think you understand the concept of "Teamwork and Communication" as a posted before.

An experienced defense player, can usually hold their own when it comes to defending a base.

Let us take Broadside as an example. While someone is deploying lasers downstairs, do a midway D or top D, then go Offense.
You should not result to camping on your flag with a Tank. You should not forget about the D you previously have deployed.

While you may think deployables are permanent, they are not. Usually takes 2 charges of PB to destroy a wall, or a platform, few more for a jumppad. But the most important thing as a defense player, Repair your defense.

While you set your D at the bottom, then you work your way up, I'm already coming in nuke and nade spamming your gens, turrets, and slowly making my way to the bottom. While you rush your way to the top to repair your stuff, I sit inside waiting to kill you and use your own repair packs to keep me alive. If you get easy anxiety or anger, your best bet is just to rage quit or go obs.

If you have patience and are willing to learn,
STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PLAYING ANNIHILATION FOR YEARS HOW TO PLAY ANNIHILATION.

Your HoF is Useless. Get with the times amigo.
browneyes wrote:lol he must be hardcore player.
0_-

Post by 0_- »

justR wrote:
Idk about others, but when you, or anyone else in a vehicle comes at me I focus on you/them because I find it more enjoyable to duel people in vehicles than I do anything else while playing the map. If I’m actually trying to accomplish something in any armor then there is only a couple people who can get in my way via Scout, and you’re not one of them.

I don’t know which map Desert Canyon is so I can’t relate to that one, and I did hop in the private server to see if I could change it to that map but it wasn’t on the map list so maybe it’s new and I haven’t played it yet idk? The original argument was me stating that your hof position was never as useful as someone setting down defense/deployables. Now you're trying to argue something slightly different. Even then, there are more useful positions to your team than sitting on your flag in troll ready to detpack even if someone is already setting D. Shift, Grave and I spent hours and hours and hours on DC and RD trying to figure out the initial strats at map start that would play out the best vs. OZ, hof was never in our thought processes.
0_- wrote:No not at all. Realizing that they cannot capture your flag, they will naturally begin destroying your mobile inventory, all your lasers, and all your other crap. Before you know it you are in the stone age, constantly going out there and setting up your little inventory station which is destroyed seconds later with you alongside it.
which is the entire goal to begin with, "objective completed"
Well that's the whole point, to consume your attention and keep you away from the base. There is no way that I cannot be a problem for anyone, when I find out that there are some decent players on then I always fight from a huge distance. No OSing. There is no way you can turn your back to an interceptor. I fight the best players and it takes them multiple OS's to get me if they are lucky. It's just not easy when they are at a distance and can see your OS and start flying around like crazy.

I am not trying to argue anything different, I have had the same argument this whole time. It all boils down to the fact that there is no winning with you. I dig that, I like to argue too.
0_-

Post by 0_- »

Lawlz wrote:Why would you ever HoF when you can have two active people setting static D... If you can't get your defenses up fast enough, and be active at the same time in doing it; then you shouldn't be setting defenses. I've always gotten a bare minimum 3xLaser setup at my front door, or at least in the vicinity of myself in order to kill people. You can set those up[ in literally less than 5 seconds.

The only time I ever lose a match is when my team's overall offense is horrible. Thus, the best defense is still an amazing offense.
There is no way you can get three lasers up by the time someone has boosted to your flag. There is a chance you can get there with a troll, lay down the forcefield you have on your back and start firing that minigun.
0_-

Post by 0_- »

Lawlz wrote:Why would you ever HoF when you can have two active people setting static D... If you can't get your defenses up fast enough, and be active at the same time in doing it; then you shouldn't be setting defenses. I've always gotten a bare minimum 3xLaser setup at my front door, or at least in the vicinity of myself in order to kill people. You can set those up[ in literally less than 5 seconds.

What is that cheat script for the lasers by the way. I see people doing that, it is so cheap, I want to do it.
0_-

Post by 0_- »

f0x wrote:I don't think you understand the concept of "Teamwork and Communication" as a posted before.

An experienced defense player, can usually hold their own when it comes to defending a base.

Let us take Broadside as an example. While someone is deploying lasers downstairs, do a midway D or top D, then go Offense.
You should not result to camping on your flag with a Tank. You should not forget about the D you previously have deployed.

While you may think deployables are permanent, they are not. Usually takes 2 charges of PB to destroy a wall, or a platform, few more for a jumppad. But the most important thing as a defense player, Repair your defense.

While you set your D at the bottom, then you work your way up, I'm already coming in nuke and nade spamming your gens, turrets, and slowly making my way to the bottom. While you rush your way to the top to repair your stuff, I sit inside waiting to kill you and use your own repair packs to keep me alive. If you get easy anxiety or anger, your best bet is just to rage quit or go obs.

If you have patience and are willing to learn,
STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PLAYING ANNIHILATION FOR YEARS HOW TO PLAY ANNIHILATION.

Your HoF is Useless. Get with the times amigo.
You aren't reading a scratch of what I've said, or else you wouldn't be saying what you are. I already said that you wouldn't do that in an indoors map like Scarabrae. I literally referenced that. I also said PB wouldn't be a problem there either. So no HoF, no PB, I already said this. The fact that you bring up broadside is crazy talk, I don't know why you are doing it, surely you must know better somewhere in that head of yours, that I am not referring to getting into a heavy armor and sitting on the flag in broadside, just waiting, surrounded by all those walls while an engineer is setting up defense.

Please turn on your head.

I am referring to something like canyon crusade. Get there in the troll armor, lay down a forcefield to block them from swooping in while boosting, like they ALWAYS do. Fire minigun, get some kills, give your engineers time to put some defense up.

There is no debating the value in that, no argument that can challenge it. It's pathetic seeing you invent these retarded scenarios to try and verify your position. It's called a straw man argument.