Why have the invisible effect?

0_-

Why have the invisible effect?

Post by 0_- »

Your team is under attack, all your pulse sensors are down. You tried being HoF with troll, you keep getting sniped. There are other options to make you effective, so you hop in the interceptor and start mowing down heavies. You are doing great but then an invisible necromancer takes the flag. It's so discouraging. The flag goes invisible. You could just go into graphics options and disable hardware acceleration to prevent that, but why pay 500 dollars for a video card in that case. Why make really nice high definition packs for tribes if we have to do this for competitive play.
Stop. Close your eyes. Breathe deeply three times. Relax. Be here and now.
Lawlz

Re: Why have the invisible effect?

Post by Lawlz »

I find invisible people by the illumination on the ground if they have the flag. Or just put a box over your flag' problem solved.
0_-

Post by 0_- »

Lawlz wrote:I find invisible people by the illumination on the ground if they have the flag. Or just put a box over your flag' problem solved.
Doesn't seem like a very effective solution when you are flying around in an interceptor at high speeds or spinning around. They could even be in the air then detection would be impossible.

Box over your flag, like big crate? That would get destroyed in two seconds in the scenario I am talking about. We're talking about someone not even being able to be heavy on flag because the pressure is so intense, so many incoming lasers. Your only option at that point is to be highly mobile and respond to all the incoming heavies. But you should be able to chase after people who take the flag too.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

0_- wrote:
Lawlz wrote:I find invisible people by the illumination on the ground if they have the flag. Or just put a box over your flag' problem solved.
Doesn't seem like a very effective solution when you are flying around in an interceptor at high speeds or spinning around. They could even be in the air then detection would be impossible.

Box over your flag, like big crate? That would get destroyed in two seconds in the scenario I am talking about. We're talking about someone not even being able to be heavy on flag because the pressure is so intense, so many incoming lasers. Your only option at that point is to be highly mobile and respond to all the incoming heavies. But you should be able to chase after people who take the flag too.
I feel as if you just want a way to mow people down in interceptors, well we might as well take away Base Cloaks, Chem Beacons, and Necro beacons to fuel your want.
Or you can just find a better way to scope them out. As in setting not horrible defense, and taking out the people who attempt to destroy your flag defenses. Can't give you a much better solution than that.
0_-

Post by 0_- »

Yeah but you have to understand that people aren't getting in interceptors because they want to, it's because they need to. The teams are often unbalanced and bases are often being raped. People camping the spawn with lasers constantly, you are lucky to even be able to get out of your base alive. How do you propose anyone makes a difference after they get out of their base? What sort of damage are they going to do in a warrior class, or engineer, or otherwise? Interceptor is usually basic survival, basic response to the four cyborgs raping your spawn with lasers and nukes.

Chameleon beacons can be better. In Shifter they had explosive detpacks that you laid along with your C4. That was way better than what they have in Anni.

Base cloak is annoying and misused and underused. Necro invisibility was alright as an experimental concept, but I cannot believe it is being used in serious gameplay. They are supposed to be an interesting and unique class to play, but I think there would be other ways to make it work. Disc launchers and the other weapons could also use a huge damage boost.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

0_- wrote:Yeah but you have to understand that people aren't getting in interceptors because they want to, it's because they need to. The teams are often unbalanced and bases are often being raped. People camping the spawn with lasers constantly, you are lucky to even be able to get out of your base alive. How do you propose anyone makes a difference after they get out of their base? What sort of damage are they going to do in a warrior class, or engineer, or otherwise? Interceptor is usually basic survival, basic response to the four cyborgs raping your spawn with lasers and nukes.

Chameleon beacons can be better. In Shifter they had explosive detpacks that you laid along with your C4. That was way better than what they have in Anni.

Base cloak is annoying and misused and underused. Necro invisibility was alright as an experimental concept, but I cannot believe it is being used in serious gameplay. They are supposed to be an interesting and unique class to play, but I think there would be other ways to make it work. Disc launchers and the other weapons could also use a huge damage boost.
There is a never a situation where you NEED to be in an interceptor at all. I turn games around all the time by just doing simple things like killing off the enemies offense with anything really. You can Titan defend, you can Chameleon jail or snipe, or even infiltrate to fuck up defenses. You can use warrior to get up fast teleportation devices, or hell you can use them to fucking cap at the start and not have to worry about heavy offense then. Just because you apparently lack the skill or knowledge to turn a game around, doesn't mean we should bend the game and tweak it for your satisfaction. There are so many ways to turn a game around it's fucking absurd. Here you want a cheap trick? Set a nuke turret in the field then use a command station and blow up the enemy base / defenses; works like a charm. Get in troll and go flamethrower mode inside their base. Set fucking neuro-bashers so you can detect where people are and just straight up eliminate them in open fields. Set more pulse sensors. Set a fucking cloak in the field so you can avoid like 70% of players finding you. Set control jammers. Set better defenses. Set offensive defenses. The list pretty much goes on.
Z(^^Z)
0_-

Post by 0_- »

I think your little list it a little optimistic. It includes maybe one good option, the nuke turrets, but that is completely disregarding the present problem in the scenerio I am presenting, and that is that your base is being hammered with 4 cyborgs who are using nukes and lasers. Your team isn't even getting over to their base. Their defense basically serves to kill the one spawned, base, warrior class who is stupid enough to boost over there. other than that their defenses see no action the whole game. Because the teams are always stacked as hell. For that there is only one response, the interceptor. And it does work, way better than any option, and it should be enhanced even to counteract the terrible unbalances that we are seeing right now. I am going to continue to ratchet up my pressure in the use of them, and you all will be bothered by it in the game itself, because I am bothered by the annoying nuke spam and laser spam. See you in game, good luck getting me in my interceptor when I am firing at you from a very long distance, my long distance aim and ability to stick to the target has improved immensely I'm going to turn the cyborg class into one of the least used options by the end of May.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

0_- wrote:I think your little list it a little optimistic. It includes maybe one good option, the nuke turrets, but that is completely disregarding the present problem in the scenerio I am presenting, and that is that your base is being hammered with 4 cyborgs who are using nukes and lasers. Your team isn't even getting over to their base. Their defense basically serves to kill the one spawned, base, warrior class who is stupid enough to boost over there. other than that their defenses see no action the whole game. Because the teams are always stacked as hell. For that there is only one response, the interceptor. And it does work, way better than any option, and it should be enhanced even to counteract the terrible unbalances that we are seeing right now. I am going to continue to ratchet up my pressure in the use of them, and you all will be bothered by it in the game itself, because I am bothered by the annoying nuke spam and laser spam. See you in game, good luck getting me in my interceptor when I am firing at you from a very long distance, my long distance aim and ability to stick to the target has improved immensely I'm going to turn the cyborg class into one of the least used options by the end of May.
The fact that you believe the interceptor should be the anwser is your problem, and I wish you luck. I think you've killed me twice in a full map with it. (You'll find more OS's killing you if I'm on. Or I'll take the Shift approach and just mow you down with CG) :zig:

In the end, it's your team that usually decides a map, you just need to learn to get good enough to be able to support your team through it. :)
0_-

Post by 0_- »

Whatever you say buddy. I just was kicked due to popular concensus from the game because I was griefing people so hard with it. If you think just because you got a couple of OS kills that you are completely resistant against me, guess again. You will feel the burn, I will just learn to approach you from a distance from now on.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

0_- wrote:Whatever you say buddy. I just was kicked due to popular concensus from the game because I was griefing people so hard with it. If you think just because you got a couple of OS kills that you are completely resistant against me, guess again. You will feel the burn, I will just learn to approach you from a distance from now on.
Good luck finding invisible Lawlz!