[FAQ] Frequently Asked Questions

S_hift

[FAQ] Frequently Asked Questions

Post by S_hift »

I figured its time for a FAQ segment, since people still seem to be having trouble playing Annihilation. I will ask and answer some of the more frequent problems new players tend to encounter.

(Q) means question (A) means answer.

Q: Why do people block the inventory stations? How do I access them like everyone else?
A: What you perceive as "blocking" is actually protecting the stations from splash damage. To access a protected station simply press (i) on your keyboard.
To see how this is done, and how to use the station to its fullest potential please watch this demonstration recording.
HowTo InventoryStation.zip
(275.98 KiB) Downloaded 376 times

Q: How did my turrets get killed so fast? I protected them with a blastwall.
A: Using a single wall of any kind to protect turrets can be killed by tank cannons and plasma rifles. Sometimes turrets simply protruding or sticking out of a barrier can get sniped out.

Q: How do you buy armors so fast?
A: Located in "OPTIONS" you will find a tab that says "INVENTORY" after clicking inventory you will see binds or command slots for "Buy Inv Favs 1" That is were you define the keys to quickly buy your armors. Default binds are (shift+f1-f5)

Q: How do I set "inventory favorites?"
A: While in server, simply go to an inventory station press (i or inventory bind) select your loadout & weaponry then Click on the number you wish to save favorites as. Default is 1 through 5. You do not have to be inside of the inventory to do this. Simply allow the Zappy to connect and press the Faves key.

COMBAT FAQ
This is brief rundown of combative questions.

Q: How do you switch "weapon modes?"
A: There are 3 ways you can do this, one of which is easier than the latter. The default keys are bound to laser rifle and plasma rifle (1) and (6). You can rebind these inventory items to other keys within the options menu. I rebound mine to Left Shift. Another way to do this is the Tab menu. Press tab and go to personal options were you will see a list of weapons that use different modes.

Q: How do you fire your weapons so fast?
A: The weapons fire only as fast as you allow them to. There are certain tricks you can do to make weapons fire slightly faster, although not much noticeable. switching back and forth between weapons has a tendency to reset the reload animation. This is not a glitch or a bug, this is known as force loading or manual reloading. Switching weapons after firing the phase disruptor gives you a 3 second reload as opposed to a 5 second reload animation.

Q: Why can't I hit anyone with a sniper rifle?
A: There may be many reasons to this however human error plays the biggest factor. In most cases players simply don't lead or aim far enough for the snipe to hit the target. In some cases ping is an issue (although the main excuse) people tend to use. If you have anything less than 100 ping you shouldn't worry about that issue. A wise player once said "It's better to over aim, than to completely miss."

Q: What is the strongest armor?
A: That may be a matter of personal preference. I have overpowered many Titans with inferior armors such as Angel and Chameleon Assassin. In my opinion the strongest armor would be tank. It has the largest armor cell meaning it holds the most health and can take the most damage.

Q: What is the Weakest armor?
A: Again it's all a matter of personal preference, although I would have to say its the Angel.

Q: What is the most versatile armor?
A: The Titan & Builder are the two most versatile armors. Both can be used effectively for both offense and defense. Titans typically cover Builders as they set defense and Builders typically cover Titans as they go offense. Titans and Builders are best friends and worst enemies.

Q: What is the best armor to use for Offense?
A: That is a matter of circumstance. It all depends on what the enemy is doing. If the enemy is going full offense, you'll want armors that can take a beating like Trolls, Tanks, and Titans. If the enemy is turtling, you'll want something a little more covert like Necromancer, Chameleon Assassin, or Builder.

MISCELLANEOUS QUESTIONS

Q: How do I join the arena?
A: Press Tab to access the Tab menu and select 5.Arena options then 2.Join Arena

Q: When I play in Arena why do people insult me?
A: There is a code of honor while dueling opponents in the Arena Cube. Do not use plasma rifle, this is considered noobish behavior. Do not interrupt a fight. If you see two people dueling leave them alone until a victor remains. The victor will have two options, one to fight the next challenger with remaining armor and ammo, or respawn to accept a new fight. It is customary to respawn and accept a new fight. In some cases when there are more than 2 people in the arena it is acceptable for a free for all. Meaning every man for himself. However it is still considered newb behavior to use plasma simply because of its high rate of fire and splash damage and the little to no skill required to use it.

CAPTURE THE FLAG QUESTIONS

Q: Sometimes my teammates wait near our flag to return it, how come?
A: The base may not be secure. The only way to ensure the flag stays safe is to guard it on somewhere on the field after an enemy has dropped it. This also confuses the enemy and gives them no reason to camp the enemy base. Especially on maps like Dangerous Crossing or Canyon Crusade.

Q: Why do teammates stack things on the flag?
A: Typically because they either don't know any better or they're in a rush to set other defense. On maps like Dangerous Crossing it isn't a very good idea to stack things on the flag because it blocks access to the inventory station. Force Field Doors are ideal because they can open and close. You can also adjust them so they're not in the way of the station.

Q: I set 6 lasers and the enemy still capped. How?
A: All the best flag cappers in annihilation know how to use Necromancer. This armor has a ghost pack that allows lasers to shoot through it. You can also use necromancer to force a camper to waste a shot on you giving you or your team just enough time to get armors or exit the base.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll update this post every other day. Please sticky![/size]
Last edited by S_hift on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaRk

Re: [FAQ] Frequently Asked Questions

Post by DaRk »

Q: How do vaccines cause autism?
A: Click Here
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

DaRk wrote:Q: How do vaccines cause autism?
A: Click Here
LOL :clap:
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

Fuck you shift now I have Ebola

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Q: Why is the particle beam still in the game?
A: It's the only way for baddies to get kills.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

Fixious wrote:Q: Why is the particle beam still in the game?
A: It's the only way for baddies to get kills.
damn no skill titan pussies

DESTROID

Post by DESTROID »

damn no skill titan pussies

YES !!!!

no matter what class I play I will not kill all

comprende muchacho ?
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

I'll wreck yall with cham stfu.

back to srs tribe discussion....

It doesn't matter wtf u use as long as you're good with it. But this isn't about that. this is about helping the new players attain higher tribal knowledge n shit.