[Mission] Gaming Forums

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

[Mission] Gaming Forums

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

who wants to help me sign up to all these forums and post tribes hd in them?

https://www.google.com/search?q=coming+ ... ing+forums

need a brief 1 paragraph description, and of course link to game with screenshots.

here's an example of a campaign i setup 6 years ago. of course the links are all dead now, but i did see people connect for the following years using the config i had posted. the player would connect as "Tribes Player" when he was using that old config. it was pretty much the same setup as tribes HD, but without the base / terrain / weapon textures. i had probably posted this same message on 10 different forums that year. maybe this year we can do 20.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/thread ... b20f863919

This is an awesome FPS game that has been around for many years, and has a great community. I am trying to expand the community we have now to greater numbers, this is a really fun game and it is free to play free to download so dont miss out on the fun. I have included several features to this version including enhanced graphics and professional configuration, so the tribes you get after installing is up to par with most of the people who play tribes now. This game has a wide selection of mods, servers, weapons, game play styles, custom made maps, and much much more not to mention you can fly, so check it out if your getting bored of playing the same types of games over and over again try something new and different. This is an online only game so come join us and have some fun, and this game is freeware so nothing illegal.

For more info or links to tribes websites go to http://www.landofoz.freeforums.org

-DaJ4ck3L

Starsiege Tribes Installer (http://longshots.info/downloads/Tribes_ ... taller.exe)

Here are some screen shots of in game action.

SGT ROCK

Re: [mission] Gaming Forums

Post by SGT ROCK »

Might make mention .... How much of a challenge it will be for them with many veterans still playing. Some folks enjoy a good challenge. Also many hold the game to be one of the best FPS games ever. Many roles to play in the game, with lots of kewl new deployables and weps !!! just some ideas..
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

Wise Man

Re: [mission] Gaming Forums

Post by Wise Man »

^^ What he said. Add what he said.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: [Mission] Gaming Forums

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

well im not going to use what i wrote back then again. we have to come up with something new. we being someone other than me lol. i do agree, his points made are good ones to add in the piece.

also ill probably make a few edits to tribes hd, and release a version 3 with an installer instead of a zip file. in it ill include an updated version of tribes HQ (everything hd has except the base textures / new huds / blue lines / new interface), and also uhhhh, anything else i can think of.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

You'll need to add this
- extra explosion transparency. Some of those explosions are just too damn solid. Its rather a pain in the ass when the fray gets intense.
- rasadhlp.dll and the plugins folder with netset.dll or netset2.dll and windows 8 plugin fix
- CoD themed hitmarker Battle Field themed hitmarker or ascend hitmarker. Nothing too far from the more modern hitmarkers.
- NoGreenLines.dll
- No blue lines either, try gray or black something subtle that looks modernized

Also you need to think more in terms of performance instead of eye candy. The HQ release actually looks better imo simply because it just looks right with the age of the game. Putting High Definition textures into tribes is like putting make up on an old woman. She probably thinks she looks great but she looks stupid and tries too hard to be pretty. I like my cougars with a sense of decency and sophistication I'm also sure that other gamers will feel this way. I'm sorry if this seems a bit critical, and yes I know it is. Truth of the matter is HD Tribes steers WAY past what tribes should really look like. You have to be subtle in detail when you graphically over haul a game like tribes.

Also the crosshair totally sucks. You need to use something more native to these modern gamers I would recommend my Call of Duty style reticle. it also has a slightly opaque center dot for using faster projectiles.

Also net settings need to be implemented. Originally tribes came with sliders to change these settings. If I had never played tribes, I would honestly say that out of the box it is profoundly broken when it comes to hitting things with a weapon. We wouldn't want to neglect them of a tuned config like the rest of us or at least the most of us. I have personally tested these settings and found them quite ideal.

Code: Select all

$pref::playerfov = 107;
$net::PredictForwardTimeMethod = 1;
$net::interpolatetime = 64;
$net::predictforwardtime = 128;
$pref::clientSideExplosions = "False";

echo("Loading 1.40.655 Service Pack 1.0 by Plasmatic");
$Server::CurrentMaster = "0";$Server::MasterAddressN0 = "t1m1.tribes0.com:28000 t1m1.masters.tribesmasterserver.com:28000 t1m1.pu.net:28000 skbmaster.ath.cx:28000 kigen.ath.cx:28000 t1m1.masters.dynamix.com:28000";
$pref::screensize = 1;

function remoteTeamScore( %sv, %team, %score ) {
	$Team::Score[%team] = %score;
}

$HudMessupFix::DoExport = false;
function HudMessupFix::OnGuiOpen( %gui ) after Hud::OnGuiOpen {
	if ( %gui == "playGui" )
		$HudMessupFix::DoExport = true;
}
function HudMessupFix::OnExit() before Hud::OnExit 
{
	if($HudMessupFix::DoExport)
		return;	
	echo("Sucky behavior detected and prevented.");
	halt;
}

$pref:terrainlodamount = 0;
$pref::OpenGL::useMultiTexturing = "True";
$pref::OpenGL::flushAfterPasses = "False";
Also Do not and I repeat DO NOT make it an installer. Just make it a zip that works right out the box. A lot of gamers these days won't even take that risk of running a third party installer from someone they don't even know.

Hell I wouldn't even run the installer Bawb had up simply because I just don't trust installers one bit.

I would also recommend something like this A legend so that players can look at the picture and figure out a set of custom keybinds. Remap the keys for easy access like left shift crouch and space to jump ect. Try to make the keybinds as close to counter strike defualts as possible.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

The legend is not a bad idea for the stock keybinds the installer will come with.
D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

shift is wrong on most of the points.
D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

ok so i'll write them down:
- extra explosion transparency does not fit into HD-graphically oriented config for new players simply because it would look bad
- i'm not aware of win8 plugin fix, if you are refering to the 1.41 win 8 version, its for win8 os and not other versions
- some cod/bf crap. it is downright disrespective and offensive to even include stuff from these garbage shitstain games to masterpiece known as t1 (not to mention they look just terrible)
- nogreenlines.dll? its already included.
- having non 255 blue/green/red for hud colors is not good because it is not visible enough on certain surfaces.

- it's a HD config, for performance you have other 95% of tribes configs.
- don't even understand the ramble about HQ/HD config and i'm pretty sure HQ looks terrible. and i'm not even going to argue about other aspects of graphic b/c you are simply shift.

- worst crosshair i've ever seen (both in visuals as in usability). would not recommend it even to my worst enemy. and again some cod ramble.

- some personal preferences that SHOULD NOT be included in the autoexec. 1.st of all those are preferences based on your monitor and internet connection. every person has different setup. you do not simply force newcomers (that dont know how to even edit scripts etc). the right thing to do in this case is having installer, but i'll tell more about that below.

- some zip file ramble. THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT BEST&NEWEST TRIBES CONFIG SHOULD BE LIKE!! why? requiring to have program for unpacking. tough modifying textures and scripts (for a newcomer). no1 will read readme in the zip file (unlike the installer text).
i forgot to mention other stuff which makes installer way (WAY) better than zipped config.

- some keyboard stuff that could be handled better with installer.

if a friend (u know who u r) decides 2 help me around scriptGL/non-scriptgl huds i'll create installer that will annihilate your pitiful (but welcome <3) attempts to create a proper tribes config.
Last edited by D4M45T3R on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

hey go fuck yourself eh?
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

didnt mean to be offensive. just warning crow not to include your suggestions