My Winter Ford ..

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: My Winter Ford ..

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:What he wrote:
<!>KILROY wrote:OUCH, how the hell did you do that? Hopefully the casing is still good, or you will need to replace the whole differential. If it is, you just need to slide the axles out, wash out all the broken metal, and replace the gears (if missing teeth), slide the axles back into place and replace the holding pin, and then fill the differential back up with gear lube through the rear fill hole, plug it and your back on the road.

Make sure after you wash the metal out you dry it completely. Suggest to NOT use any paper towels, it will leave residue behind, use a cloth towel and then a hair dryer to get rid of any moisture. Also, be careful in sliding out the axles you could damage the axle seals. If you do, you will then have to remove the rear wheels and rear drum to get to the axle seals to replace them. If you did damage them, look to make sure you didn't saturate the rear shoes in the drum. If you did, you will need to do a complete rear brake job, and I suggest re-turning the drums to get the axle fluid off of them.

If you have disk brakes in the rear, you should be ok.

The pumpkin cover is questionable. I'd replace it. Make sure you rub it down with alcohol and let it dry before going back with silicone for the seal.
What I read:
<!>KILROY wrote: Take it to a qualified mechanic.
ahhhhhh, ok, glad i wasnt the only one... :lol:
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:What you said:
<!>KILROY wrote:Naw, it's an easy fix. What I relayed is exactly how it's going to be fixed. It's actually an easy fix. To take it to a mechanic, you have to pay to get it there, then pay for labor and parts. If you didn't break any gears, then all you have to do is clean and replace the shear pin in the gear housing, reseal the pumpkin, and add gear lube. I was a certified mechanic ;) Matter of fact one of the first here in Texas certified for retrofitting R-12 to 134-A A/C's in vehicles.
What I read:
<!>KILROY wrote:Certified mechanics might still make all if the same mistakes I warned about, but the difference is they wouldn't care, because either way, you're paying for it.

Plus I'm awesome because blah blah blah...
:fshit: :rofl: :lolz: Thanks Perr, needed that laugh today :ttup:
SapoIV

Post by SapoIV »

Naw guys.. when something like that happens.. Just take it out the whole thing .. No time to be wasting money or time.. Just yank it out and put a new one ...
I got mine coming from Renton Washington .. and since this 3.08 gear ratio is to hard to find for such an old truck .. i am changing the 4x4 front too..

and yeah .. I got this guy coming to me kinda drunk telling me that his Toyota Tundra can drag my lil red all over town.. so .. huh. .I said to him .. hook it up to the back of mine .. I f him out all over the parking lot..Now his "hill billy" buddy is challenging me with his POS Ford 250 .. full of "dust bunnys" and rust so I told him .. hook it up and that is when this happened..I still kicked his ass , but got a dry patch on the parking lot without Ice and the rest is history

:bfrog: Still in Da Casaaaaaaa!!!!

ps.. new toy ..
Attachments
20150205_111628.jpg
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

lmao, so you were trying to drag around other cars playing tag-a-war or some shit? hahaha, ahhhh you crazy :bfrog:
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Ninetails wrote:Nah, this is what really happens in Australia :P
American roo? That steering wheel is on the wrong side lol
SapoIV

Post by SapoIV »

yeah haha .. that is in Aussy Land lol..

:Crow: yep.. some of this guys in town are needed of a whoooping by the :bfrog: sometimes LOL
Also them "dumb asses" or arses sent me the wrong gear ratio .. i think .. cuz the mechanic just call me and told me that the truck was ready few hours ago ,but its jumping when going over 100 MPH .. haha .. so I got to go and see what is up?....

:bfrog:
Attachments
fisherman.jpg
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Ah 3.08 gears, yep, nice setup indeed ;) And nice catch in the pic also ;)