the king

KILROY

Re: the king

Post by KILROY »

perrinoia wrote:RIGHT?!

Guys, all those torrent sites were taken down for a reason. The government is cracking down on torrenting.

Honestly, it's easier to stream them anyway, and it's fucking legal.

Torrenting isn't edgy anymore, it's stupid.

That being said, torrenting is an amazingly efficient way to download large files LEGALLY, so if your internet connection sucks as mine does, and you're given the option to download something directly or via torrent, go with the torrent.

I'd like to get Killroy's expert opinion on this, though, seeing as how he's in a position to know about how easily the government can track torrents, these days.
Actually Perrinoia is correct people. These are being looked into, including other sites that host similar to these. I do not work this department, but rumors have it that when you download or use a site similar to this, it "will" log your IP, in which you can be traced down. Even if underage, there are penalties that can be put upon you. Use at your own risk. Things to determine...is the site that is torrenting, hosted by an individual(s), or a Government office that is logging your IP information to use against you later? Be careful.

The only statement Perrinoia is Torrenting may be an efficient way to download large files, but depending on what type of files you are downloading, it could impede on copyright laws, which is NOT legal, and no matter the age, there are ways to prosecute the user if a guilty sentence is determined. The easiest way to get around this, setup a server which is passworded so one can telnet into your server, instead of you hosting it online for all to see ;) This way you only have people you trust to exchange services with, and since it's not hosted openly online, the authorities won't know about it, only friends and family. You could actually do this with a separate hard drive in your computer system, if your connection was fast enough to host, and you had enough processing power. You could turn it on or off anytime you wanted, and just have a listing of people on an e-mail listing that you could contact via an e-mail to relay when your hosted server was up to do any type of services, or exchanges.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I wouldn't even consider pirating from private servers to be secure, this day and age...

Before all of the NSA snooping became public knowledge, I read about a company that wrote software that can be installed on internet nodes, which can track chunks of data passing through the internet after aggregating enough chunks, could determine which IP addresses were pirating copyrighted content, even if it was encrypted. The company had sold their software to many internet service providers and government agencies (I assume the NSA).

Now, that might be a conspiracy theory, but I knew long before reading it, that privacy was obsolete, so I took it seriously, and quit pirating that day.

Even if it wasn't true, it's only a matter of time before it is.

PS: I just proof-read this post, and realized how appropriate my username is...
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Seems appropriate here
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Erowid wrote:Just get popcorn time and paste the magnet link into it. Easy stream with no download.
Popcorn is the best
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

BlackCat wrote:
Erowid wrote:Just get popcorn time and paste the magnet link into it. Easy stream with no download.
Popcorn is the best
Popcorn? He lied.
That's actrually just the sound of an fbi agent popping caps into the back of you xD
D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

encrypt data & use proxy (in ur torrent client), peerblock, private trackers, remote seedbox, vpn (good one) = u r good 2 go
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

http://getpopcornti.me/ This pretty much reinforces everything I've said.
Ninetails

Post by Ninetails »

i use vpn 24/7, i don't even open a single webpage without logging into it first.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

You don't live in America, so you don't have as much to worry about...

Then again, WikiLeaks has documents confirming that the NSA has even monitored communications from German politicians...

But hey, you can continue living life on the edge, if that's what gets you off.
D4M45T3R

Post by D4M45T3R »

Welp enjoy paying for everything you download while i pirate 24/7 hehehehehe