Help me find these maps!

Jegue

Re: Help me find these maps!

Post by Jegue »

I looked through the whole Xfab rotation and Extreme maps and Hybrid files and couldn't find any of those, thats so frustrating :cbaby:

But I found some interesting stuff like the maps that would go to Tribes Extreme (https://www.quaddicted.com/files/idgame ... Xtreme.zip) and other old ones I had forgot, like Trident, WalkTheCat, Bloodbath4 and Highside.
- <!>Tariq^
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Jegue, have you checked the file library here:

http://theexiled.pwnageservers.com
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

Yes, have tested all of those :(
- <!>Tariq^
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

After 2 years, I only found one of the 4 maps I was looking for, the one with the ship, it's called "POW". I'm finally on vacation, so I've used DownThemAll to download every file in the "mods" and "maps" directories of this place, every possible map file from this other place, and the complete map packages for 1.8 and 1.11 from Theexiled and OZ libraries, extracted every resulting zip file at least 3 times (there are zips inside zips) and executed every installer to get the map stuff. After separating all the dsc, mis, ted and vol files in a folder, I used FileSeek to search inside the .mis files, since I know some of the objects and world elements. I tried several combinations, but couldn't find any of the others. I found a map called Project_Breakway, which has a similar forcefield structure to that in the 2nd map, but no other common characteristics (maybe they were made by the same author).

Yeah, maybe I'm a little obsessed, but those maps have some sentimental worth for me. If you know another large Tribes file library besides those cited above, please tell me. My search is over for now.
Attachments
Project_Breakaway.rar
(4.95 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
rsz_sshot0000.jpg
POW.rar
(9.18 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
- <!>Tariq^
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Not much here, but it does have a listing of some stuff:

http://www.gamefront.com/games/tribes

and The Junkyard has a decent listing:

http://legacy.the-junkyard.net/files-st ... category=5

Other than that, that's all I have. I don't have a large listing of maps, but maybe someone else does that can upload their listing so you can download it, to see if any of those are on their listing.

EDIT: Looking at that last pic, looks like a map called Dropship and the first maybe an OpenCall3 map called DXBridge or an OpenCall2 map called Bridge Span.
Azul

Post by Azul »

let me know, Tribes is on its last sprint sadly and I'd love to play that map with the scarabare bases and forcefields in the desert world one last time.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Player counts are always down in the summer time. We're not world of Warcraft players who stay indoors even during neurofibromatosis weather, you know.

Hmm, that was supposed to say nice weather... Damn autocorrect.
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

KILROY wrote:EDIT: Looking at that last pic, looks like a map called Dropship and the first maybe an OpenCall3 map called DXBridge or an OpenCall2 map called Bridge Span.
I found the one with the ship, it's called "POW". I don't think the first one is Opencall 2 or 3, since I played it in a server and I didn't have any clientside maps installed at the time. Where can I download those, anyways? I have both Opencall 2 and 3 maps and couldn't find those two.
Azul wrote:let me know, Tribes is on its last sprint sadly and I'd love to play that map with the scarabare bases and forcefields in the desert world one last time.
Both that map and "DXISGAY" were hosted either on Anni Legendz or OZ server. Maybe Crow has them, but he hasn't been on in a while...
perrinoia wrote:Player counts are always down in the summer time. We're not world of Warcraft players who stay indoors even during neurofibromatosis weather, you know.

Hmm, that was supposed to say nice weather... Damn autocorrect.
I live close to the equator, it's always summer here and we get approximately 12 hours of sunlight every day. Summer is so boring, idk what you americans see in special.
- <!>Tariq^
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Imagine a place where bikinis are only worn 3-4 months per year.

Now do you understand why summer is special?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I'm probably mistaken Jegue. I took a guess at the names and mission packs just by looking at some things really quickly and didn't take the time to research it better. Let me get some more time on my hands and see what I come up with. I have a bunch of stuff on RAM sticks, SSD's and external HD's that I have to take some time to go through.