Help me find these maps!

Jegue

Help me find these maps!

Post by Jegue »

I wanna have these maps before Tribes dies. Ive looked for them in TE library and Extreme and Xfab rotations, but couldnt find them. I dont know their names, but remember some of their objects and since Im too lazy to use the map editor, i tried to reproduce parts of them in ModX. I have been searching for those maps for years, hope someone can help me.

So, this one is the most important for me, it was the first map I ever played in annihilation. Two base7's with phoenixtower's on them, linked by several expbridges. Maybe there were floating pads with an objective at the middle, idk. It had no visible terrain and no sky (midspace), and it had snow. It was hosted in Cybertron server.

There was a map with bases like this in Annihilation Legendz or OZ server (in 2011, I think). It had an alien terrain, relatively flat, and bases like those of scarabrae, with the balcony (where the flag was located) covered by force fields.

Well, there's one about which I dont remember so much... It had a desert terrain and a teleport system that would take you to an open area, near a ship like this:

And for last... Where can I get that map called "DXISGAY", which was hosted in Annihilation Legendz?
- <!>Tariq^
Firelord

Re: Help me find these maps!

Post by Firelord »

Hah, the DXISGAY map. Made by C3J97 during the long C3 and DX feud of 2008 if I remember correctly. You might have luck searching through the old forums here: http://thelandofoz.net/index.php?sid=2c ... 1817191d88

Or try the download section of the old site: http://www.thelandofoz.net/downloads/
Azul

Post by Azul »

Eerie. Was just about to post and I am also looking for that 2nd map with the scarabrae bases in desert with forcefields on the balcony and the flag in those forcefields. The bases weren't too far away from eachother and I believe there was a middle objective.

That was my favorite map with the scarabrae bases besides the original and I remember it fondly because SAND taught me how to necro many years ago on that map. I would love to find it and put in back in the rotation!
virus

Post by virus »

I believe your #2 is a FFA map called FullForce
[NHOP]Virus
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

virus wrote:I believe your #2 is a FFA map called FullForce
This one? :nup:
Full_Force.JPG
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

Nope, it was a CTF map :/
- <!>Tariq^
justR

Post by justR »

If you have a good memory of it it might be easier to ask someone kindly [Virus or Shift or Ghost] to just recreate it as best they can. I went on a scavenger hunt last year for certain Tribes stuff and it's frustrating searching endlessly and then coming up empty anyway.
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

Well, I remember quite a few stuff in those maps. I dont even remember the position of the bases in the 2nd and 3rd ones. They're probably still somewhere in the internet, hope to find them :(
- <!>Tariq^
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

You could try Tribalwar/TribesTalk. Just make sure you end your post with "S_hift and Opsay fucking suck goat balls" for good results. In all truth, someone there like Groove, Fixous, and others might know.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

The one with the force fields over the top of scarabrea with the flag there seems familiar, but I've also looked through more than a few hundred maps so it's a needle in a haystack to find without knowing the name and also the majority of the sites which hosted maps are gone now.