If you remember

{LS}RePublic

If you remember

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Lord Kat becoming "Lord Saviour of Tribes". The LordKat wiki describes it best:
LordKaT, itching to play the 1998 freeware multiplayer FPS Starsiege: Tribes, finally finds a modded .exe that works on Windows 7 64-bit. Later that evening he starts up the LK Mafia server, and usuals from the LordKaT Mafia join in. Shortly thereafter, new faces invade LordKaT Live, IRC spamming Tribes links and acting like 6 year old boys on Christmas Day. After getting banned, and then unbanned, we meet our newest friends, Omerta and Mango. Omerta kept calling LordKaT "Lord" and once he got on Stream and called LK "The Savior of Tribes." Apparently only 40 or so people worldwide were still playing Tribes, and on this day alone there were hundreds of IPs hitting the directory servers.

Made slightly less awesome by the fact that Omerta attempted to hijack LK's server, giving himself admin powers even beyond what Jason has, but he was eventually dealt with.

Omerta = ecko

But that day was amazing to see 64 players back in ~2010/11

Sauce http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Awesome/LordKat
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: If you remember

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

lordkat seems to be an ex twitch streamer.

http://www.twitch.tv/lordkat

the power of twitch seems to be pretty impressive ;)

and LOL to the ecko and mango thing.

mango also = tyboy from back in the day.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

since this is a day of celebration. let me show you guys a little video i made for perr, but just going to highlight it for now. i also have been toying around with twitch this past year. sometimes ill speed run games, or just play random stuff and hang out with other people online. in the future i do plan to stream tribes, and maybe some other random fps games.

cool people are welcome to follow and or watch when i go live. trolls will be banned. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/oldschooltribe/v/52895975
dawn

Post by dawn »

you don`t look like anything I imagined Crow, just sayin :idkk:
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

dawn wrote:you don`t look like anything I imagined Crow, just sayin :idkk:
haha, im sure most people will think that. :P
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

CRT... I had a 17" till 09. It sadly blew up. Literally smoke from the back of it.
As for Nintendo stuff... Ive got 5 N64 consoles stacked up on each other and a jungle green N64 currently boxed up somewhere.
Gamecube, Atari CX 2600 and a 2600.

I guess now would be a good time to collect Wii units... I see many of them being chucked or sold for 20-30 dollars the lot. Though I cant see them being collectible in the near future.
Last edited by {LS}RePublic on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

of course i have a wiiu. i have every console except nes / ps4 / xbox1.

though im not very good at smash for wiiu. i like the retro arcade ports on the saturn and dreamcast. lots of them are port perfect arcade games from capcom and other retro arcade companies. i enjoy the arcade fighters pretty much. :P

ive always been a huge gamer, so my knowledge of the many games is very vast. not only do i own all the consoles, but i also own flash carts / mod chips for everyone of them lol. my game library is book shelves huge. some days i just wake up and play some random game.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

{LS}RePublic wrote:CRT... I had a 17" till 09. It sadly blew up. Literally smoke.
and yes, 4 crt monitors 1 hd tv 1 crt tv. lots of the retro games i play dont look good on lcd / led / etc screens as they were not made for these screens. i like to have the freshest graphics possible when it comes to retro gaming, so i game on the hardware it's meant to be played on.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Game with voodoo yo
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

I'm an old school gamer myself. My gamecube is modded via SD Card and Action replay. I can play burnt games with it. I have Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica: X for it. Although i prefer the dreamcast version of RE3. The pre rendered backgrounds and sound is much better. The controller plays it nice too. Plus on the screen of the VMU it shows your health. I need to install an LED light though. I just picked up a super nintendo. Funny you guys mention that lol.