{OZ} scrim in 30 where yall at????

{LS}RePublic

Re: {OZ} scrim in 30 where yall at????

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Nah V held the fort well. LM had good strength that day, maybe just an experience difference?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

S_hift wrote:dang I actually could have attended this if you guys needed a filler.
Holy shit, you're still alive?

I thought, for sure, you would have smoked a lethal dose of marijuana, by now...

The big difference I noticed, was strategery.

The OZ members sounded off their spawn points to each other in team chat, then negotiated roles, prior to the mission start.

After the mission start, one guy immediately went to each inventory station and set lasers, while the rest attacked.

The D setters were also sniping most incoming enemies before the laser turrets they set had a chance to target them.

OZ is great at spawn, too... So while their defense was more than sufficient, their offense was overkill.

When I watched LM, they were setting D in silly places, or hiding.

We're gonna hafta practice, my friends. :fpalm:
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

I'm sure you could help them perrin if you get your ass in game more often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It is possible.

Maybe... But I'm no expert on scrims.

I used to be able to kick ass, long ago, when most of you were in diapers... I walked up hill both ways in the snow, to get through the training missions...

Maybe that's what I'll do...

I'll make annihilation training missions.

I'll host a listening server, set good (non-Turk) D, save the D in the map, then share the map privately with my clan, and instruct them to destroy the other team's D, then reconstruct it for their own team.

The tricky part will be scoring the D setting... I could award points for symmetry, but not all maps are symmetrical.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

While general gameplay is improved through just playing more, I think LM should definitely have a defense setting practice. The locations of your D on Rollercoaster didn't make much sense. The first D you set up was inside the base, which is the least essential spot. Flag is always the #1 priority. In BR, mobiles are always powered so you should've put a mobile on the walkway behind your flag base first. Your next move should be to get a platform over the flag. If the flag is gone, put one over where it will be once it is capped or returned. Then move to getting some quick laser stuff set up.

Later on after we had like 4 caps, you guys finally got some D up by your flag. The only problem was, it was on the walkway behind your flag base -- so we were able to grab your flag without even being seen by those lasers. I assume that was done because you were getting sniped every time you tried to set them next to the flag, so practice getting D up fast. I can get 3 lasers, a vortex, a platform, and a jumppad up in 5-6 seconds. I won't reveal exactly how it's done, but start off by getting a dropper pack.

I don't know if you guys delegated roles beforehand, but we had two people on defense initially. You guys probably should've had at least three attempting to set flag D at the beginning.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

I play for the kills myself; never worrying about flags. Scrims relying on that would be my downfall.
As for defense, that's always left upto the turks #yolo
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Haha an lm fellow was like "you should have played with us" i was like nawww lol
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Ive actually been secretly playig from a dell xps in various cooffee shops.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

S_hift wrote:Ive actually been secretly playig from a dell xps in various cooffee shops.
Such hipster. Such life.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Lawlz wrote:
S_hift wrote:Ive actually been secretly playig from a dell xps in various cooffee shops.
Such hipster. Such life.
S_hift is coming to a coffee shop near you!