JFP1

AwakeV2

JFP1

Post by AwakeV2 »

Ok so new power supply for the my computer finally, slight problem though is that the pins that connect the case to the motherboard to be able to turn it on do not work. Please help as this is very irritating.
Erowid
Site Admin

Re: JFP1

Post by Erowid »

AwakeV2 wrote:Ok so new power supply for the my computer finally, slight problem though is that the pins that connect the case to the motherboard to be able to turn it on do not work. Please help as this is very irritating.
Gonna need to know more than that.

AwakeV2

Post by AwakeV2 »

Erowid wrote:
AwakeV2 wrote:Ok so new power supply for the my computer finally, slight problem though is that the pins that connect the case to the motherboard to be able to turn it on do not work. Please help as this is very irritating.
Gonna need to know more than that.
Ok ok kind of a beginner to this. So you know the cables that come with the case to connect to the motherboard? Like Power SW, HDD Light, RESET SW, etc? Well I followed the online manual as stated online and still no luck. I put them in every correct slot just like on the manual and the power switch still doesn't turn on the motherboard. Tried the screwdriver trick and still no success.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

You're going to have to narrow it down to the power supply being bad or the mobo. A multimeter would be very helpful for this.

AwakeV2

Post by AwakeV2 »

Erowid wrote:You're going to have to narrow it down to the power supply being bad or the mobo. A multimeter would be very helpful for this.
Doesn't make sense though because when I plug in the HDD light, it turns on. It used to turn on just fine until I unplugged it oneday now it just doesn't work.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

lol just pull out all the cables from the F_Panel. Use a simple screw driver to short the 2 pins and see if it starts.
Do you have another Power source unit? Rip out the 4-8Pin connector nearest to the CPU and the 24 Pin Motherboard cable. Plug in another PSU and see if it boots, dont worry about the HDD or Optical Drives untill it posts.

Try another GPU and ram stick. Reseat the CPU if that all fails. Clean the contacts with isopropyl alcohol. I even use a toothbrush to clean the sockets removing dust or oxidation.

gl
The Boloblur

Post by The Boloblur »

I wouldn't do any of that really. Just tell us what motherboard/computer you have, and I can look it up for you. Chances are that the pins A) Need to be cleaned, B) Need to check your jumpers to make sure that they are all connected, C) Check the power cable for the computer, D) Check to see if the emergency shut off switch (Yours may not have one if it has a built in surge protector) Is in the on position. If you eliminate all of those circumstances, then I would look closer at the mother board. However, once you start tearing into a PC like republic is telling you, you can harm those components. Start Small, then work your way into the bigger steps.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

The Boloblur wrote:I wouldn't do any of that really. Just tell us what motherboard/computer you have, and I can look it up for you. Chances are that the pins A) Need to be cleaned, B) Need to check your jumpers to make sure that they are all connected, C) Check the power cable for the computer, D) Check to see if the emergency shut off switch (Yours may not have one if it has a built in surge protector) Is in the on position. If you eliminate all of those circumstances, then I would look closer at the mother board. However, once you start tearing into a PC like republic is telling you, you can harm those components. Start Small, then work your way into the bigger steps.
lol just pull out all the cables from the F_Panel. Use a simple screw driver to short the 2 pins and see if it starts.
ez mode
AwakeV2

Post by AwakeV2 »

I think I gotta clean something, like I said it used to work before , then I took all of the connectors out. Even the screw driver method doesn't work. The only thing that shows it's getting energy is the fucking hdd light. But the strange thing is the HDD light is plugged into the power pins. Yes I know there's a certain way you put it in but it's weird how it can transfer energy to the hdd but not to the fucking power. Makes no sense. And does any screwdriver work? Or does it have to be a flathead.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Wait... If the HDD light is plugged into the Power pins, what is your Power switch plugged into?

Sounds to me like your pins are all mixed up. Did you download the correct manual? Every mobo has a different pin arrangement, for some stupid reason.