Midair Alpha Release Update

blankgirl

Midair Alpha Release Update

Post by blankgirl »

Midair Dev Log #7 – Alpha Release Date, Upcoming State of Midair, Build Preview

https://www.playmidair.com/news/midair- ... d-preview/

Welcome to Midair Dev Log #7. We’ve got some exciting stuff to talk about and announce today!

Alpha Release Date
We’re excited to announce that we’re on track for a March Alpha release! After confirming with the team that we are good-to-go, we will release our Alpha 0.24.0 build and send out keys to our Alpha backers/supporters next weekend. Save the date because the Midair Alpha drops on:

Sunday, March 26th, 2017

And that’s not the only thing happening on Sunday…

The State of Midair Alpha Stream
On Sunday, March 26th at 1:00pm PT we’ll be streaming the State of Midair for the Alpha launch. We’re going to take a look back at the last 9 months, walk through some of the new features coming out in Alpha build 0.24.0, have some contests where you and your friends can win keys to play in the Alpha, a special announcement, and much more. We’re going to turn on the build and send out the keys live on stream, so tune in to what should be a fun and exciting time in Midair’s history!

Want to play Sunday? Head over to the store to support Midair and get access to the Alpha.

Get Alpha Access!
Alpha 0.24.0 Build Preview
We’ve got a couple features we want to mention are coming in the Alpha 0.24.0 build.

Arena
A popular favorite from previous games in the genre, the Arena gametype is going to make its appearance just in time for Alpha. Arena features smaller, close-quarters team battles where the objective is to wipe out the enemy team. Each player has only one life, so each mistake can be costly. With Base CTF, LCTF, Rabbit, and Arena ready to go, we’ve got a solid lineup for players joining us for Alpha.

Engineer Pack Update
We’re updating the Engineer pack with a series of planned improvements. The upcoming changes will make the Engineer role more interesting, keep players who deploy assets in the action while also encouraging the quick expansion and defense of bases.

Kryosis Art Overhaul
We put some TLC into the Kryosis visuals and it’s really looking great. Here’s a quick teaser:

<!>blankgirl^
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
Owner
Site Admin

Re: Midair Alpha Release Update

Post by Owner »

One thing i really would love to ask and know if we are able to run dedicated servers in this game just as we do in Tribes 1?

Thanks!

Owner
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

I really doubt we'll be given full access to the server files like the good old days.
We haven't really been closed lipped about this. There's a blog post here describing our philosophy around it. While plans always change based on constraints and discovery, the goal is to give folks interested in dedicated servers a choice from a set of official providers and the ability to modify server configs.
https://forums.playmidair.com/threads/w ... post-12763
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

Just read your quote and it give me a bad feeling. We will know sooner then later. Thx for the info

Owner
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I dunno why I don't have a key yet... I paid for pre-alpha, I thought.
Azul

Post by Azul »

No mods allowed - no purchase/interest for me
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Yeah, the lack of modding sucks. There will be community maps though, which is nice. I tossed $20 at the Kickstarter and likely won't be spending anymore, especially if I don't upgrade to a decent PC. Plus at the moment there are a few things that annoy me about the gameplay, and haven't really been addressed at all by the devs so far.
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

I play it every once and while and would play more but almost all games played right now are pickup games which require you to meet the other players in chat, then in TeamSpeak to pick teams and positions... the gameplay in those matches are very competitive and all players who play right now are very good. There is a pretty large selection of different types of maps, all with their own feel and look.. as of right now I prefer the LT game mode as opposed to base but I just like being able to spawn with an energy pack and go offensive.. the disc launcher is comparable to the annihilation disc launcher in regards to speed but is a little quicker... this makes being able to get MA's slightly easier IMO which is good for newer or lesser skilled players. I haven't messed with the vehicles much because the last time I checked they didn't function smoothly and I thought they were too slow. They're still in development though... they added mines, a cloaking pack, and boosters also which is good for you anni players. Which parts of the gameplay were you speaking of fixious? Does anyone else have access to the game besides me?
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

I dont have access sucks but will have to wait.

Thanks!

Owner
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

SpydeR. wrote:Which parts of the gameplay were you speaking of fixious?
tl;dr - pretty much all this: https://trello.com/b/r3YiYIoy/midair-top-user-issues
  • Initial jump/jet strength is too weak. They made a pack (Augment) that buffs it, but it should just be the default.
    Letting go of space stops you pretty much immediately, which is hella annoying.
    Passive reload needs to be fixed. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkqM1JX ... e=youtu.be . Other weapons are inconsistent as well.
    I'd like to see a 'heavier' flag. Shooting it around in a mad scramble seems very annoying.
    I'd really like to see them experiment with no flag IFFs. It'll be a server flag apparently which is nice, but the sooner people can test it the better.
    The lack of fog is also a hot topic that hasn't been addressed by the devs.
The overall lack of interest in base from the current testers is unfortunate. Base has gotten extremely little playtime. LT PUGs are the only thing going on, with base PUGs a very rare occurrence. When they are played it's usually a shitfest since no one really sticks to their roles and just pub it. The lack of loadout favorites and hotkeys also doesn't help. Base design in Midair is...I don't know. They're very big when I don't think they need to be. The classic T1 base maps such as RD, RC, CC, SH, CoN, etc, all had relatively small bases in comparison. Bigger bases means it's easier for people to camp in them, which can be annoying. Several of the maps allow you to take down the gens without even entering the base by just mortar spamming from outside. We'll see how it plays out though.

Some of the devs just shit on T1 base and T1 in general, which is annoying and a reason I don't really stick around in their discord anymore.
:idkk: