Midair Alpha Release Update

SpydeR.
Site Admin

Re: Midair Alpha Release Update

Post by SpydeR. »

Yes the steam open access is huge and could potentially bring in thousands of players. Someone told me Ascend did crazy numbers in the beginning so I am expecting the same from Midair if not more. I'll post a more detailed reply later with the new features of the game and things that I like/dislike now that we are testing game with 12v12 teams. They also added Arena which is very fun.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I watched a few minutes of the stream and it's satisfied most of my previous complaints. Can't wait to play it.
browneyes

Post by browneyes »

when does the game release officially?
browneyes

Post by browneyes »

wow.. i just wanna play right now unless i'm in army now :(
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

November, I think.

I played quite a bit, yesterday. Got called a noob a bunch. Capped out a couple of missions. Got owned, mid air a bunch more... It was fun.

Some of the maps are coming along quite nicely, but they all need a bit of work. For instance, there's one where each base is like a tree house suspended between 2 trees separated by a river... The bases are made from rudimentary shapes and colors... No textures. Also, the trees have tunnels carved in them, but the texture inside the tunnel is bark just like the outside of the tree, and that doesn't make any sense. The map with the giant floating gem in the middle looks mostly finished, but the giant gem has no detail, so you can't see the edges. I tried to stand on top but couldn't find the top, it was just like one big amorphous blob.

But the gameplay is pretty solid, and this is only the alpha release... I was expecting glitches everywhere and a constant dialog with developers about bugs, but instead it's pretty much just mapping work that's needed, and one of the mappers is taking suggestions in the form of MS Paint drawings.. LOL
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

Yeah there are a lot of really good players from Tribes 1, Tribes 2,Ascend, & Legions... I die all the time, mostly going O for a flag cap.. The tree house map is called Iguana and it is a remake of a classic ascend map...The giant floating gem map is Kryosis and it's an LT map. Its a good map, probably my favorite. I was able to make it to the top of the floating gem... What graphic details are you running Midair on? Highest possible settings? How is your FPS?
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

SpydeR. wrote:The tree house map is called Iguana and it is a remake of a classic ascend ma
Which map? Only one I can think of that's similar is Tartarus.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

SpydeR. wrote:Yeah there are a lot of really good players from Tribes 1, Tribes 2,Ascend, & Legions... I die all the time, mostly going O for a flag cap.. The tree house map is called Iguana and it is a remake of a classic ascend map...The giant floating gem map is Kryosis and it's an LT map. Its a good map, probably my favorite. I was able to make it to the top of the floating gem... What graphic details are you running Midair on? Highest possible settings? How is your FPS?
I used default settings, whatever they were. I was using my custom gaming rig, which should be able to handle whatever I throw at it. I dunno what my FPS were, I didn't check. There was no video lag. Plenty of network lag, though, as the internet on this Island sucks.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

You can type stat fps in the console to see your fps.