I'm back, bitches!

perrinoia
Site Admin

I'm back, bitches!

Post by perrinoia »

I finally got a Wi-Fi hotspot on my boat, and can actually play Tribes with a 70ms ping!

Still have non gaming peripherals, battery life, graphical glitches, and low fps to contend with, but it's all good.
DaRk

Re: I'm back, bitches!

Post by DaRk »

Did you at least put deodorant on this time?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

No comment.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

yea, i had my net cut for 2+ weeks from a crew working on some sewer lines in my area. i kind of liked it just to switch things up.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Yeah, you should see the bill their company received for the repairs of not only causing interference of services for the homeowners in the area, but causing businesses unable to operate also.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Can I bill Verizon for throttling me to 3G, therefore preventing me from playing tribes?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

im on the phone right now trying to get my bill credited, and it looks like they did it.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

perrinoia wrote:Can I bill Verizon for throttling me to 3G, therefore preventing me from playing tribes?
no, but you can file an informal complaint to the FCC (do this at last resort though. Like if they tell you there is nothing that can be done ect)

If you ever wanna be taken seriously in reporting a problem about your isp they're the place to do it. Most isp's will just strait up lie to and say all sorts of dumb shit to explain why the internet is out or performing poorly. Comcast tried to say it was down in my area one time cause I couldn't connect with my PC however while I was on the phone with them I was able to connect via my iphone like right away. HMMMMM?

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/fi ... -complaint

I did this a couple times to comcast for throttling and toggling my connection after which I told the FCC that they had NEVER resolved my issue. I also showed them data that correlated to throttling patterns. Their customer service center is located in the Philippines and they always connect you with someone who doesn't even speak fluent english. The FCC had called me the very next day making sure that they had resolved the issue and I just simply told them a comcast employee told me that there was nothing that could be done. At one point it had gotten so bad that my girlfriend demanded a refund and was reimbursed the full price of the service, and they even gave her a full day free for her trouble.

I was getting less than 3gb data use every week before reporting them now I'm getting as much data as I want. I don't get any lag or jitter anymore either and they had also updated their terms and conditions into an easy to read paragraph in the login page.

occasionally I'll lose wifi for about 20 minutes to an hour however they typically reimburse me for the times I lost service which I promptly keep track of.

long story short, comcast has gotten a little bit better recently.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I had an unlimited data plan from sprint, which had wicked fast speed for about 1 day per month, and then throttled the rest of the month.
Verizon claims they don't throttle, they just give priority to those who haven't exceeded 10 GB/month.

However, I've received text messages from Verizon warning me that I was almost out of 4G data and would be throttled to 3G... I've received these notifications on both my jetpack and my cell phone. The jet pack has been nearly useless since it exceeded 10 GB after the first week of use, and my phone is at 8 GB, and will get throttled within the next couple of days, if I can't curb my consumption.

However, I switched to this provider because the commercial and the salesman convinced me they wouldn't pull this kind of shit.

At least I get about 2 weeks of mediocre speed rather than only 1 day of incredible speed, but it's costing me nearly 4 times more.
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

My Internet just went out too. Att u verse high speed... wtf is going on with these mother fuckers I can't even get a tech out here till tuesday..... better believe their gonna credit me for days lost. Fuckin Crow u jinxed me dude
EvilTree{OZ}