Annihilation

Jegue

Annihilation

Post by Jegue »

Light armors are much stronger and more powerful than heavy armors, defenses have been made almost useless, generators and panels are practically undestroyable... I miss Annihilation mod.

I still enter the server as Papa Sergius III, but the game isn't as fun as it used to be. Yeah, that's it :|
- <!>Tariq^
Owner
Site Admin

Re: Annihilation

Post by Owner »

Well at least the backup server is a older version. It might be something your looking for xD
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

Nobody plays there, and my ping sucks :|
- <!>Tariq^
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

As you know it is a back up server. They only play when main server is down. xD
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

i hated the newupdates
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

S_hift wrote:i hated the newupdates
yup me too

KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I don't know, but does the backup server have the new updates? If it doesn't then why isn't it being used? I understand wanting to play with a group, but how many others have the same feelings about the new updates? And if there are enough, then why aren't they using the backup server? While the others continue to use the main server?

I for one also didn't like all the new updates with all the added new armors, weapons, and packs. It just didn't "FEEL" like the old Tribes anymore, which is why I stopped playing and just obs and do financial support now in keeping multiple servers up. LT is probably my favorite type of server to play on now, but I even don't play on these anymore, just obs once in awhile.

I jumped into Anni the other day due to seeing Spyder on the server in obs, and chatted with him a bit. He rementioned Midair again, and also relayed he has a You Tube site with vids of him playing the game (Link Below). I checked them out and the comments listed. There are mixed feelings about the game itself, more on how the graphics feel more like the later releases that Hi-Rez tried to bring a different type of Tribes game out, like Ascend, Vengeance, etc. That didn't go over well with all of the existing Tribes Community, but Midair does look interesting, although I for one would have to get used to the graphic feel of the game. It's still in it's beta stages, and needs many updates, but I have to agree, it's a remake of Tribes. My only concern, is after they get a final release, are we going to start to see mods like Tribes? What I currently don't like on what Archetype Studios is doing with the game, is how they are making people pay to get certain additions to "THEIR" existing game, and only they get them by paying for it. I understand that Archetype Studios need to stay in business to keep the game alive, but doing this is just turning off players like myself from playing the game in it's early stages to come alive.

So as for now, I'll just watch and see what happens to the game before making a decision to pay to play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgVb46 ... 7WeyapDleg
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

The backup server hasn't been update in over a year or more. I did noticed a drastic drop in player base in Anni but then again its summer time. most want to be out doors before old men winter returns with colder weather at least 6 months out of a year. Idk time will tell or maybe Tribes 1 days are near the end....? Who knows
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

True, school's out, you could possibly be right on that statement, but as for Tribes being dead...I'm not sold on that...I've seen many who play games state that nothing that has been released feels like T1, and it's still the best playing online game they've played, and that other game manufacturers have tried to copy it's feel, but failed.

I think Archetype Studios is now trying to do the same, and time will tell on how well it turns out. So far they do have a small backing of players that signed up for beta testing, but if you read the processes Archetype Studios is using for testing and the stages they are offering, you might get turned off of the game. I was, but I started watching the vid's Spyder created and after watching a few....I started to like what I was seeing. Although your going to immediately start trying to compare it to what you have been using in T1 and it's mods. First thing I noticed was the reticle. Tribes basic reticle, and the modified one I'm currently using that has a nade scale on it for lobbing while your flying in the air with side points for when your using the chain gun.

(Edit Add) I started to say to myself, this isn't the late 90's anymore. This is 2017, and things have improved with everything, especially computers, including graphics. So you won't get the same feel as T1. If you want that, then don't play the new releases, and keep playing these existing servers, and stop complaining.
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

those are old videos from last year the game looks different now with a new hud interface and changes in weapon and movement physics.
Beta should be out in about a month it got pushed back a little bit. Right now we are still in Alpha.
The game will be available on steam for free buy i'm sure you'll have to pay for something like Kilroy said.
We mostly play LT game modes in Pick-Up games because base is set to be played for 10v10 - 12v12 teams and we do not have the testing pool for that yet. Hopefully in beta. I prefer LT right now tho.
As far as the most recent update I agree I liked the prior version better.