Motorcycles

KILROY

Motorcycles

Post by KILROY »

Question, anyone here into motorcycles?

Reason for asking....I currently own a 1959 Triumph Bonneville 650cc with a bunch of custom work that has been done to it. Like 22 layers of baked maroon enamel paint on the gas tank and fenders with custom white striping. Custom mufflers on a custom dual exhaust setup, custom Hi and Low beam off-set rectangular head lights (original came with one round Hi/Low headlight). Chopped and racked the front forks 3-inches to bring the center of gravity back to the custom banana seat with a custom chrome luggage rack behind the seat. Custom suspension with chrome coil over shock springs. Water cooled, with a custom radiator and electric fan setup (original was air cooled), custom rearview mirrors, custom horn, custom instrument cluster, and a bunch of other stuff.

I just recently came into a 1971 Chrome Sach's 125cc. This is a rare motorcycle due to Sach's changing it's name during this time to DKW and my bike still says Sach's on it due to being one of the last one's built before the name change, and also it still having the original 5 speed tranny. The new DKW's were given 6 speeds. It's needing some restoring, and it would be nice to find a service manual for it. I thought I would try here first before starting to look online, if anyone had recommendations or maybe even know someone that had spare parts.

Thanks!

EDIT: Spelling errors.
S_hift

Re: Motorcycles

Post by S_hift »

I hate motorcycles. I hate anything loud like muffler tips or anything that appeals to backwood hicks. I particularly hate motorcycle posses. I used to live in annapolis and EVERY GODDAMN WEEKEND those bikers for trump would roll through and cause a ruckus on king street. This was a block away from my old house and these assholes were riding into town usually around 8-9 am waking everyone up and stirring up the neighbors dogs.

I absolutely hate motorcycles especially harleys. I hate how those assholes crowd my favorite bars. Then they get right back on their bikes after getting shitfaced!

I hate how I could be having a conversation with a friend and every time one of these motherfuckers pass by I have to stop talking to them.

They're all just a bunch of geriatric weirdos going through a mid life crisis.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

My, my, look who's having a crisis of their own now. I understand your frustrations, but mine aren't loud, which is why I remade the mufflers on the Triumph. They still perform and give me the pick-up I need without all the loudness. As for the Sach's, it's basically a dirt bike setup, so nothing loud about it, especially with only a 125cc motor. Sounds like your only experience is what you hear and visually see. You can say the same thing with any vehicle setup these days.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I've always wanted a crotch rocket.
Got any pics of your toys?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Actually no I don't. The description I gave on the Triumph sounds nice, but it's also needing restoration. It belonged to my father, and handed down, and I don't ride...it's been sitting for many, many years in a storage shed in the backyard, and the Sach's is in the same shape, which is why I'm hoping to find parts for the Sach's due to the mod's on the Triumph. I'm working on some house repairs and electrical updates, but let me see if I can get a quick pic or two to post up. Give me some time, temps here have been upper 90's to 102 with heat indexes of 106 almost daily. So getting these house repairs done is taking some time between that and work. And yeah, I could hire someone, but why spend the money.

I tried to get Spectrum's services the other day, due to two of their sales associates and even a sales manager relaying to me that their computer system's show "I am serviceable". I can receive either a 100 meg line for about $40 a month with a one time install fee of $10, or I also "qualify" for a 300 meg line, but have to pay a one time $200 install fee, due to they have to run a line off the fiber line at the plant and the install takes about 3 hrs. I told them I wanted the 300 meg line service, but I also explained to both sales associates, and that sales mgr. that Time Warner relayed the same thing they are, and then when they came out said I was "Unserviceable" due to no existing cable already ran on my property, and their plant is outside my property a little over 4 1/2 acres away. This happened twice. The second time they sent me something in the mail relaying I was "serviceable" again. Spectrum came out and said the exact same thing. I told them to have someone from their company come out and survey my situation, and tell me how much would it cost to have their plant extended to my property so I can receive their services. Their tech called his manager, who by the way was on vacation that day, but had to accept the call, due to their first sales associate setup my first appointment with me for a Friday between the hours of 2-3, which I accepted. The day came and no one showed. I called back and that was when I talked to the 2nd sales associate, who relayed my appointment wasn't until Monday between 4-5. I wasn't pleased and requested to speak to his manager. I relayed the situation, relayed I took off work for the 1st appointment that "HIS" employee setup, which was Dion and lost time and pay. I relayed who I was, and who I work for (Level 3 Communications at the management level), and then had him verify that I was able to get services, and what had happened in the past. Well....this went up to the corporate level, due to myself relaying that I know they record phone conversations, and they were recording this conversation, due to what I do for a living, and they had my order escalated to the management level. I keep records of all my phone conversations, and have date, times, who I talked with, and what the conversation was about. That mgr. submitted an escalated ticket that upper management reviewed, that ended up at the corporate level once they knew that I knew how these conversations work, and who I worked for. I received a call that day and relayed someone would be out Sunday between 4-5. I accepted the time.

So...to get back to their tech calling his manager that was on vacation...you can understand why now he had to accept the call, due to this being at the corporate level. He relayed to him about not able to service me, after they relayed at the management level "I was serviceable". He told his tech to submit the order as an install with the RMO request and put the situation in the description in detail and submit it, and I should be receiving a call. The plant extension isn't cheap to do. They have to run a copper wire that's about 3-4-inches in diameter with a main box and fiber. I've seen it cost some from $10,000-$42,000-$117,000 depending on the situation.

If they try to charge me, I'm curious since they said "I was serviceable" at the management level for a 300 meg line, and then came out and said I "wasn't serviceable" and now I have to "PAY" to get the plant extended are their any legal repercussions that I may be able to pursue? One thing Spectrum doesn't know that I know about, is they just ran a fiber line from San Antonio, TX to Floresville, TX, about 30 something miles for Floresville's School District and they charge them $200,000 to do it. Well, our Gov't gives ISP's about $42 million of "OUR" tax money every year to run fiber for School District's for FREE. Why is Spectrum charging Floresville's School District? I'll wait to see if I receive a phone call, how the conversation is going to go, and then go from their. I'm sure the manager I get a call from wouldn't like to hear this get reported to the FCC and FTC. Including all our local news stations if I have to go this far. Hopefully Spectrum does the right thing and extends their plant to give me service.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Maybe the installation cost more than the government grant, and they charged the school the remainder.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Motorbikes are great and all but at the end of the day the roads a cheese grater if you ever come off =D
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Protective gear is a must.
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

I know S_hift has already seen this on my Facebook (and even "liked" it!)
But for the rest of you, here's my '77 KZ-750 which is now 40 years old.