Houston, we have a problem.

vistalize

Re: Houston, we have a problem.

Post by vistalize »

Completely dry here my boy! The next streets not so lucky set evacuation efforts all through neighborhood. I told them hoes im riding dis shit till da wheels fall off!!! They drove on by and gave me sum water (power went out for about 4 days) Damn SURE DID GET CLOSE THO! Sorry to hear about your house Crow trust me many many many people got flooded out. I was just one of the lucky ones that happened to be on a higher ground then everyone else. Lmk if you need any help I can come help u tear some of that shit out.

PEace BRO AND STAY SAFE N DRY! :ghey: :crow:
EvilTree{OZ}
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I spent this morning prepping my boats for impending doom and spent the afternoon taxiing customers who wanted to prep their boats, too. Also had to rearrange a lot of boats in the harbor as we expect the South West corner to be sloppy as fuck.

Tried to relocate as many from the south West corner to the north east. Was giving people advise on how to secure their boats during a storm, etc...

I thought my day was wicked crazy until my coworker got puked on... Hahahaha. He should have paid attention during my safety training, when I told him not to transport drunks.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Oh man, I bet that was site!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I gotta give you the back story on that incident.

I have an acquaintance nicknamed Bondo. Bondo is a very talented painted. He helped me shrink wrap my boat, last winter. He's constantly hanging out with an electrician named Rob who recently bought a house in Maine.

They are drinking buddies, and in my opinion, they drink too much, but that is irrelevant, because neither of them are the culprit in this story. In fact, they weren't even in town. They were at Rob's house for the previous 6 days, rewiring the house.

The culprit was the mother of Bondo's children. She is also an alcoholic, but not a functional one, at all. Her name is Brielle, and she has taken custody of their children away from Bondo. She had also gotten the courts to garnish Bondo's wages for child support, despite his opinion that he has done nothing wrong, and really wants to be a father to his children, and a good husband. But that's not easy when you get blamed for everything. The past couple of days are a prime example.

At 3 o'clock, the other day, my coworker, Warren, gave Brielle a ride to Bondo's boat. Bondo had previously requested that we not provide her with transportation to his boat, anymore, but Warren didn't get the memo. She brought frozen steaks and accoutrements for a romantic anniversary dinner, which is what she claims every time she attempts to go out to his boat. They must breakup and makeup every other day, based on the number of anniversaries they celebrate.

Anyways, as I previously stated, Bondo was out of town, thus Brielle angrily drank most of his booze while she waited for the no show. She would have known he wasn't coming if his phone hadn't been disconnected due to failure to pay the bill, due to loss of employment, due to getting arrested at work, due to her drama.

So at 6:45 ish, Warren is driving past Bondo's boat and sees Brielle's lard ass frantically waving for a ride, as the boat has no radio from which to call us. It's a tiny sailboat with far too much canvas enclosing the cockpit. Warren rafts up as Brielle begins to pour herself out through a small zippered opening in the canvas, like a curdled bag of milk.

Bondo's "beautiful vessel" has nothing substantial for us to tie a dock line onto, thus we are forced to merely hold onto anything we can while we transfer passengers. Warren quickly (albeit not quickly enough) realizes Brielle is incapacitated but it's too late to refuse her a ride as she is half in either boat. So he verbally guides her into the boat, instructing her as to which limb she should move at which time, until she's entirely spilled into the launch and laying in the foot well.

Warren has already made two understandable fuck ups at this point, but here's where our actions would have differed. Personally, I would have called 911 and had a meat wagon waiting for her at the dock. Warren, on the other hand, tells her she can't stay on the floor and must sit up. He leaves the helm as the boat drifts and attempts to assist her, and that's when she turns into a chunky sprinkler system.

At this point Warren calls me from his cellphone, rather than his radio, as he doesn't want the whole harbor to listen in on our conversation. He has no clue what you do at this point, so I instruct him to bring her back to base, and I'll call for an ambulance.

A policeman shows up and had a very quiet discussion with Brielle, of which all I could overhear was her blaming Bondo for how much she drank. I attempted to call Bondo, but his phone was disconnected. An ambulance shows up and they cart Jabba the Slut away on a stretcher.

The next day, we get a call for a pickup from the town dock. Upon arrival, the driver on duty (the Amazing Chase) discovers the passenger to be none other than Brielle. Like Warren, Chase had never met Brielle before, but he had listened to my account of the night before, and immediately recognized her based souly upon my descriptive nicknames for her.

Chase calls me on the radio and asks if he understood correctly that she's banned from our vessels. I confirm his suspicion and he refuses to transport her. However, he did go to Bondo's boat to apologize for refusing her transportation. Bondo was there, and was totally fine with that decision, as he didn't really want to see her, anyway.

Chase came back to base and described her as a father crying woman with a massive bruise on her face. We began speculating as to how she acquired the bruise, seeing as how she wasn't bruised the when she was taken to the hospital the night before. Most likely scenario being that she faceplanted into the launch before pulling on Warren, but simply didn't bruise straight away. However, the most popular scenario involved careless stretcher pushers, automatic doors, and hopefully an elevator shaft with a missing elevator. :otopic:

Anywho, Brielle catches a cab to the closest pier to Bondo's boat and stands their shouting into hurricane Jose's 30 mph winds for Bondo to come pick her up. He reluctantly starts his engine and drops his mooring and heads to the dock as he watches Mikomi Mutumble fall on the dock. She dropped her "water" bottle, and began crawling after it as the wind rolled it away. Bondo shook his head, said "nope", and went back to his mooring without ever touching the dock.

Witnesses called 911 and Brielle told the emergency responders that Bondo beat her. Soon after, the pier was blockaded with police cars and police men were standing on the end of the pier shouting into the wind at Bondo, telling him to row his dinghy to shore so they could arrest him. He laughed at their ridiculous proposal and shouted back that his dinghy would not be a safe means of transportation that day.

The police called the harbor master, who picked up Bondo and delivered him to the cuffs awaiting him on the pier. As he was being cuffed, Bondo looks up at the 360 degree security camera mounted on the pier and instructed the detective to check the footage. It was the Newport police department's camera, after all... They had installed it there to catch dinghy thieves.

Bondo spent the night in jail, which I imagine was more comfortable than his 22 foot sailboat in a storm, anyway. He was released the following morning, and I imagine the charges were dropped.

Brielle spent a second night in the hospital, which I imagine was quieter than the relative's house she was recently evicted from, too.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Damn, great story, very entertaining!
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

haha, alright good to hear tree. yea we got all the shit tore out, now we just waiting for repairs. got in contact with an old friend i trust who does contracting now, so going to get a good fair deal from him. got to get drywall, painters, cabinets, and flooring.

http://www.thelandofoz.net/flood/postflood/

^^^ this is what the house looks like now. :D

on an unrelated note, had a 30 dollar donation from someone, so i got the server back up.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

The real question is whether your CRTs survived or not.

Glad to hear you and Tree are alright.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Awesome Big C! Looks like it's cleaning up nicely now and glad you have a contracting friend who can advise and back you as you prep things further.