Site Admin

Houston, we have a problem.

Post by perrinoia »

Crow, have you survived the floods?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Houston, we have a problem.

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

yea.... freaking house flooded though. it's a nightmare lol. been ripping up carpet all day. the wall is next.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Damn. Whelp, I did say your house was only 1 foot higher than the highest recorded floods in the past century...

If you believe in global warming, it's time to move to higher ground.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Damn, sorry to hear that Crow, but glad you didn't have a drowning issue on your hands like some there and here in San Antonio had. I'm still cleaning up downed trees here, but did send about $300 worth of food and necessities up to your area via the San Antonio Food Bank here for those that don't have anything anymore.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Shitty. Glad you guys are alright though. It's unreal to see another major city completely flooded. I'm over on the West coast and we have 300 thousand acres of wildfire going on right now.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I keep reading posts saying we should take the water from Texas and put it in California, but that's stupid. We should take the fires from California and put them in Texas.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

haha, and dang kilroy, are you in texas as well? i never knew that. just finished the carpet today. rough work this stuff is.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Yeah, I live South of San Antonio, between Calaveras and Brauning Lakes, between San Antonio and Elmendorf City Limits. A couple miles South of the new solar field the city put in, and a couple blocks away from the racing fuel plant.

I hear you on the carpet. I had to replace some in a friends house trailer about a year ago, but then their younger son decided to want to see what happens when you take a roll of toilet paper and stick it in the toilet and flush it. Flooded the whole bathroom in their single wide trailer. Companies wanted to charge her over $5 grand to re-do the floor in there. I re-did it for a little over $700 in supplies that I bought from the Salvation Army Re-store.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

This what y'all need:
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Ah no, I wouldn't spend $1.2 million on that. Especially when it was introduced back in 2003, and now you can purchase many similar for a lot less, and for that cost, you can restart a new life pretty well.

EDIT: For a quick restart if you lost everything in the Houston area, this would be a better way to restart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4TwAdglJRE

BUT.....I like this one better for $40K

http://www.prefabcontainerhomes.org/201 ... -home.html