perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: In-N-Out Burgers

Post by perrinoia »

Ok
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

There is one close to me and the place is always extremely busy both inside and at the drive thru. If you go inside you will quickly notice that a lot of customers are coming in to pick up orders that they called in beforehand because if you don't do this it's not uncommon to hear thirty numbers called before your own order. Compare that to mcdick or tacohell where nobody even looks at their number because of how fast you get the order.

This is on the West coast so maybe it isn't like this elsewhere, but I have also never seen as many employees behind a fast food counter at once as I have at this chain.
There are usually at least fifteen employees back there squished into a pretty small area.

The girlfriend and I were sitting at a booth once and the cleaning guy came and started sweeping under the table we were sitting at as we sat there sort of bewildered for a few seconds until I told him to fuck off. That might have also been a sign of how busy it was, how they hired too many people or maybe he was just crazy.

The food is good and I don't doubt that the pay can be good, but my advice is to go STEM instead.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

5 guys is like that. You walk in the door. There is no line. You order a burger and get receipt #91. You wait patiently until you hear them call #67 43 times, before you lose your shit.

Good burgers though. Download the app. Order online.
Also, when I first used the app it asked me to rate it. I expressed how awesome it was but suggested milk shakes. Wouldn't you know they've got milkshakes now!

You're all welcome!
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Sweet! The main reason they are also busy, is they make everything from scratch. Nothing delivered frozen or pre-made, nothing thrown into a microwave and nuked really quick.

I might be AFK for awhile. I was on the roof repairing what the storm did and fell off it. In a lot of pain, but I think things will turn out ok. Wish me luck!
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I once rented an apartment from someone who did that. He had a duplex and was fixing up the second floor for himself when he fell and broke most of his limbs. He stayed on the first floor while I rented the very nice, nearly done, second floor.

I felt bad when I couldn't afford the rent anymore and had to break my lease. I don't think he was able to pay his mortgage.

Hopefully your fall was from a one story house.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Take it easy for a bit Kilroy. I hope you recover also don't get hooked on opiates.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

K, back. Bed ridden for awhile, but Doc did a quick MRI and said everything looked good, nothing broken! Gave me an aluminum cane, and very little meds, and instructions.
perrinoia wrote:Hopefully your fall was from a one story house.
Whew, it was, and I'm glad it wasn't from a 2-story, or I would have broken some things.
Death666 wrote:Take it easy for a bit Kilroy. I hope you recover also don't get hooked on opiates.
Thanks Big D! Looks like it will turn out ok. Doc didn't give me anything out of the ordinary, due to him knowing I like to do things organic if possible, and try to avoid lab created drugs. This was a new Doc. The last one I had, prescribed me so many drugs it caused me to pass out behind the wheel and hit another vehicle. Luckily, it was in a parking lot, and no one was in the other vehicle, but I did have a female companion with me that I was taking to another city to a nice German restaurant for her birthday, and it ruined it.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

A female companion? I gotta get me one of those.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Well....actually those boats you have are probably pretty good companions my friend. They do what you want them to and don't talk back, or give you a hard time every so often, and you find out after a bunch of years they were only using you for your money to have a good time. Your working and sharing the income together. You just have to caress them every so often with some upkeep to keep them active.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Boats can be pretty thirsty companions.
I've spent about 6k on maintenance and accessories this year.