Holiday drama

perrinoia
Site Admin

Holiday drama

Post by perrinoia »

Every holiday my family squabbles over who will host everyone else... The only volunteers are usually the worst hosts.

This year, my mother invited everyone, but she lives 3 hours away from most of us, is a hoarder, has a dog that terrorise destroys furniture and annoys the crap out of everyone, she is chronically late to everything, and lastly, she's on oxygen but has a propane stove.

So for all of those reasons, no one wanted to go, but few of us wanted to tell her. Then my sister opened her big mouth, telling my father all of these reasons and invited everyone to her place.

However, my sister is my mother's daughter, and the Apple didn't fall far from the tree... She is also a chronically late hoarder, she is a terrible cook, and her apartment is tiny.

However, this story has a happy ending. My sister hired a cleaning lady. My mother's dog died. My mother told her boss she couldn't stay late because she had to come to Rhode island for Thanksgiving, and then decided to make her lie come true. So my mom is cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's apartment, and the extended family has all made other arrangements, so it's just gonna be four of us.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Holiday drama

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

hahaha, that's funny. i guess it happens. sad about the dog though.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Yeah, sad about the dog, but wonder what you had for Thanksgiving dinner? :mrgreen:
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

:roflz: Holidays are such a pain in the ass.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, lime green jello salad, apple pie with a Cinnabon crust, pumpkin custard.