Your favorite morning beverate (not beer)

S_hift

Your favorite morning beverate (not beer)

Post by S_hift »

I go with a 6-8 table spoons of fresh ground Columbian coffee, one table spoon of sugar per cup and a splash of cinnamon. No milk.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
KILROY

Re: Your favorite morning beverate (not beer)

Post by KILROY »

French Roast with purified water, nothing else, or if not in the mood for coffee, I'll do unsweetened almond milk, or hot green tea.
(=SK=)Zorak

Post by (=SK=)Zorak »

Bloody mary, or mimosas (it's not beer).
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

(=SK=)Zorak wrote:Bloody mary, or mimosas (it's not beer).
LOL....well...if you want to go that route, I do Wild Turkey 101 Rare Breed on the rocks!
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Either orange or grapefruit juice in the morning is usually really tasty. I like coffee for the drug effects, but personally I always kind of thought it tastes like a crap drink unless you're tasting the additives over the coffee.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Just be careful with drinking too much acidic juices. It was found out with lab testing that drinking too much of these types of juices on a daily basis can be a cause for different types of cancer's, especially skin cancer. They advised drinking these no more than 3-5 times a week.

I used to do the additives in my coffee, but I developed type II diabetes in which I had to cut out the sugary additives, but after awhile actually didn't miss them and started to try different flavors of coffee, in which I started to actually enjoy the coffee itself, instead of the additives. It takes some time playing with the amount of grains, type of water you use, whether you do a regular or bold brew, even the coffee maker itself can make a difference on the taste. After awhile, I found the flavors I enjoy and how they are brewed, and started to enjoy the coffee flavor itself. Which I started to realize, isn't that the reason you brew coffee, for it's flavor, not the added sweeteners you put into it? But sometimes I'm not in the mood for it's flavor, I want something different, so I'll use my coffee maker to heat up some purified water and make a hot cup of green tea, or any other flavor of tea you want. Your coffee maker is also good for heating up any type of milk you use to make a good cup of cocoa. Just be sure if you put milk through your coffee maker, you run water through it shortly after to help clean the milk residue out of it, and be sure once a month you run a water/vinegar solution through it to clean it completely before using it to make anything else.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I used to drink Mountain Dew Code Red, Dr Pepper, or Cheerwine depending on availability. I was addicted to caffeine and trying to ween myself off when I passed my first kidney stone. Nothing will convince you to quit something cold turkey faster than the excruciating pain of rock candy dredging it's way out of your urinary canal.
Bottled water on my boat (never drink tap water from a boat, you never know what's growing in those water tanks).

Tap water in restaurants (No lemon or lime wedge. Restaurants that give you citrus fruit in your water are trying to hide the taste of their rusty old water pipes or the fact that they don't filter their water. If it tastes funny, I order bottled water instead).

Filtered water at work. We have an awesome water purifier at work that creates the least flavorful water. Remember, when it comes to water, flavor = bad. Pure water has no flavor. I refill my water bottles at work.

For the past week, we've been hosting the Volvo Ocean Race. One of the boats is called "Turn the Tide on Plastic". One of that boat's support staff saw me drinking water from a plastic bottle and pointed at it saying, "Plastic is unsustainable!" I replied, "Maybe in your third world country where they haven't figured out how easy it is to recycle plastic, yet..."
Then I crushed the bottle and threw it overboard, adding, "See, I just recycled it. Now it's art." :trolol:

I'm kidding, that last part didn't happen.

I actually threw it in a dumpster that doesn't get recyclables sorted out before going into a landfill.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Never heard of Cheerwine before, had to look that up. Interesting background history about it still being made by the same family.

Never had to pass a kidney stone, and hopefully will never have to.

I'm with you on bottled, or filtered water. That's all I drink. I have a filter installed for the home, but lately I've been seeing it not doing very well after the company who was making the filters sold out to another. They are much cheaper product now, and I'm starting to see calcium and lime passing the filter. Looking into buying a new filter system now.
Then I crushed the bottle and threw it overboard, adding, "See, I just recycled it. Now it's art."
RRRROOOFFFFLLLL!!!!! :fshit: :rofl: :lolz: :roflz:
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

perrinoia wrote:I actually threw it in a dumpster that doesn't get recyclables sorted out before going into a landfill.
you might as well had thrown it overboard
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads