Midair is free to play now.

KILROY

Re: Midair is free to play now.

Post by KILROY »

I already posted this brown in announcements when STEAM emailed this to myself.
browneyes

Post by browneyes »

haha im late
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

After playing the last couple nights I can tell that they've been adding a lot of content. Coming from the old Tribes the game looks and feels like a whole different thing at first, but it doesn't take long before you're making plays that are only really possible in a Tribes game. It's easy to tell that they've hit some of the right ingredients dead on even if other parts feel foreign. I was having a lot of fun passing flags last night and chasing.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

That's good to hear, especially after I've been reading a bunch of the comments from people who would NOT recommend the game. Most were comparing it to the past Tribes game tree, relaying it was trying to be more like Tribes, but was not. Most of these statements were from past Tribes players who were used to the way Tribes played. You can see this within their own comments, relaying this resembles one or more of the Tribes versions.

What they don't understand, is the group that was making this made a statement that they were trying to make something that would resemble the looks of Tribes, but you would have to do different things within the game in order to play it. After they started the beta testing, a large majority of the testers were from "old school" Tribes, and they were comparing it to just that, which caused many to put the game down because they were already used to playing a game a particular way, and Midair didn't play the exact same way. I guess the developers started to take note and decided to break down, and to increase the game popularity, they would have to start making it feel what the majority of the people beta testing it wanted to keep the game popularity. All the developers are trying to do is make something different, due to Tribes being as old as it was and seeing other games coming out that did different things and gamers moving to them.

It's not going to surprise me that it develops into a current version of Tribes with upgraded graphics to keep players interested.