Is this a good motherboard ??

vistalize

Re: Is this a good motherboard ??

Post by vistalize »

Ok sweet gotcha bro yeah I made some pretty noob mistakes I wont lie I just kinda did this on the fly. Next time I will def be more informed and ready. Anywho waiting on the SATA cables for tomorrow not in any rush to finish it. Want to make sure I get this right. I took off the graphics card. The installation manual told me to put those ram sticks in those certain ports. So thats why I did that...when I installed the processor I didnt put anything on it nor did I tear any stickers off. I saw a tutorial on YouTube where the man put that paste on should I do that? Is it safe to take off? I see what your saying about fabric and the static electricity.... I live on the dangerous side of things muahaha (will move project to table). I won tie I did get suckered into the case design I should have paid attention but had no idea at the time about different size mobos (I thought they were all the same size) now I know and like I always say you live and you learn. Nonetheless I'd like to send out my deepest gratitude for your help in this project perri. I have learned a whole lot. Computer building 101 by Perri hell has a nice ring to it. Lmao

Much love brother

Oh yeah went and got the power supply and some zip ties earlier. All I'm missing now is the OS

Edit I definitely will be saving the other mobo for another project hell maybe if you decided to one day get ur butt up and get a comp going I will send you this one for free. I know boat life can get busy and wet sometimes though lol
EvilTree{OZ}
jINKS{OZ}

Post by jINKS{OZ} »

i ended up buying tht electric discharge wrap around your wrist thing so static wouldan't frag my mobo..its was only $60 bucks but it was rated pretty high so i protected it.
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Did it baby. Thank you again. Bought the key off Ebay seemed legit. Downloading Microsoft 10 to USB now.

I'm still afraid to take off the film lol
Attachments
20190307_234034.jpg
20190307_234103.jpg
20190307_234119.jpg
EvilTree{OZ}
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

jINKS{OZ} wrote:i ended up buying tht electric discharge wrap around your wrist thing so static wouldan't frag my mobo..its was only $60 bucks but it was rated pretty high so i protected it.
Are you fucking serious?
Didn't i post one for $0.33 + shipping and handling?
God damn that's a big mark up.

Vistalize, it looks fantastic.
The most important advice i can give you is to be very careful when peeling off the plastic... You don't want to get jizz all over the components.
jINKS{OZ}

Post by jINKS{OZ} »

mine was about 4 -5 years ago, didnt know u then but you wouldve helped
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Bitch, please. You've known me longer than that!
You registered on tribalwar in 2001, didn't you?

When did you release the 1.40 prank happy mod config? I'm pretty sure I was giving you mapping advice before that at annihilation.info.

Anywho, you could literally wrap any old wire around your wrist and tie it to something metal to ground yourself.
I can't believe you spent $60 on a fucking wire bracelet. LOL
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

perrinoia wrote:
jINKS{OZ} wrote:i ended up buying tht electric discharge wrap around your wrist thing so static wouldan't frag my mobo..its was only $60 bucks but it was rated pretty high so i protected it.
Are you fucking serious?
Didn't i post one for $0.33 + shipping and handling?
God damn that's a big mark up.

Vistalize, it looks fantastic.
The most important advice i can give you is to be very careful when peeling off the plastic... You don't want to get jizz all over the components.
Lmfao I'll try bro. Still haven't been able to get my old computer to put windows 10 on a USB drive using the wizard u gave me keeps giving me an error. I'm have win 7 I'm gonna try to use that with a hacked version then upgrade to 10 with my new CD key
EvilTree{OZ}
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

One of the reviewers said that worked... The seller's instructions specifically say otherwise, but it's worth a try.

Did the seller email you the key or snail mail it to you?
jINKS{OZ}

Post by jINKS{OZ} »

nah tht wasnt me perrin, there was 2 "jinks" in anni, one was "jINKS" (me) and the other was "jinx"...u must be talking about tht one perrin...still nice to me u dude, ur cool. Who was first... i have no idea...lol
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Yeah the seller messaged me the key about 5 min after payment. I had to go a different route and download a trial version off of piratebay. Made sure seeder was reputable and virus scans showed up negative. Ended up downloading a tool for USB to ISO Burner (forget what program was called popped in the USB after doing everything and viola

Still waiting to see if key works but yeah that program sucked ass perri I tried to do it like 10 times and was like fyck it. Torrent time... lmao
Attachments
Q
Q
15521204280058611365852946613783.jpg
EvilTree{OZ}