How to change my monitor from 60 hertz to 75 hertz using HDM

vistalize

How to change my monitor from 60 hertz to 75 hertz using HDM

Post by vistalize »

Hey I plugged in my HDMI cord to my new Asus Monitor but its still telling me 60 hertz. Shouldnt I at least be getting 75 hertz??
EvilTree{OZ}
vistalize

Re: How to change my monitor from 60 hertz to 75 hertz using

Post by vistalize »

Let me know guys my monitor is 1080p I plugged in the HDMI cord. Updated graphics card and monitor drivers. But its still showing 60 hertz. Shouldn't I be gettin way more than this?
Attachments
test1.jpg
EvilTree{OZ}
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Your ASUS VE248 Monitor is only set for 60 HZ, it won't go above that.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

This is the cheapest 240 Hz monitor according to froogle.com
https://shop.bestreviews.com/products/s ... efurbished

60 Hz is the slowest monitor you could have bought. That would have been good information to know before purchasing a monitor, eh?
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Hell yeah it woulda. Probably end up giving this monitor to my lil bro sometime for the other comp thats got a GTX 950 on it and upgrading monitors. Hell I like this monitor anyway connected it via HDMI and looks great but damn.... 60 hertz??? That sucks balls
EvilTree{OZ}
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

You can use logicalincrements.com to click on specific parts and read about all of their specs that are important to know about and look out for with that part. I know I plug this site a lot, but it's a really good resource for learning what to look out for when buying parts. I got a 144hz Predator G-sync monitor when I got my machine and it's one of those things that is really noticeable once you have had it, but honestly not a big deal unless you are playing fast paced fps type games that might be considered twitchy. If you are planning on playing non-fps, watching youtube and browsing etc. it's really not a problem to have 60hz.
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Cool deal Death. Will def add that to my links for my next endeavor. Enjoying the 1080p as it is. Awesome using an HDMI card to run my monitor. Not too big its awesome.
EvilTree{OZ}
AaronD

Post by AaronD »

AnniDv6 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:06 am You can use these neat looking insulated hunting boots on specific parts and read about all of their specs that are important to know about and look out for with that part. I know I plug this site a lot, but it's a really good resource for learning what to look out for when buying parts. I got a 144hz Predator G-sync monitor when I got my machine and it's one of those things that is really noticeable once you have had it, but honestly not a big deal unless you are playing fast paced fps type games that might be considered twitchy. If you are planning on playing non-fps, watching youtube and browsing etc. it's really not a problem to have 60hz.
I also went for a 144hz monitor recently and I wouldn't go back to anything less than that ever again. So smooth. haha
Last edited by AaronD on Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

AaronD wrote:I also went for a 144hz monitor recently and I wouldn't go back to anything less than that ever again. So smooth. haha

Mind sharing the name of monitor you settled for?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

FYI...Newegg has a New MSI 23.6" Curved Widescreen 1080P 144Hz gaming monitor on sale for a short time for $189.99 with a $10 mail-in rebate card all offers expire April 1st.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... gnorebbr=1

EDIT: Reason for this post, seeing Ebay with a bunch of used one's for around $100, but the owner want's $30-$50 for shipping, and no warranty.