chat log

LM|RCMP*

chat log

Post by LM|RCMP* »

not exactly sure which section is the appropriate one for this so if it belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it.

Just wondering if there is a way to find a log of the chatbox messages, or if there is a mod/script for this. I know it sounds odd, but I know there are some funny/interesting things we talk about in the chat, so it would be nice to have a log for posterity ;)
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
LM|RCMP*

Re: chat log

Post by LM|RCMP* »

guess noone really has any ideas?
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

You'll need to contact the one's who have access to the server that host the game. I haven't seen Crow around for some time, so sending him a PM, he might not respond. I even sent him a personal email to his email with no response.

I'd suggest PM'ing Death666. It might take him awhile to respond, but he will respond, and sending him a PM, he will at least get a message on his personal email relaying he has a PM that needs to be read.

Other than that, sorry man, I don't know who to contact these days. We are becoming a dying breed, but stay strong! And hurry up with that new generation to carry on the game....LOL!
LM|RCMP*

Post by LM|RCMP* »

oh, so there's no client side chat logs available?
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

None that I'm aware of, or should I say, if there are, I'm not aware of how to access them, nor would I know who would know besides Crow and Death666.

EDIT: Just shot Death666 a PM on this issue. We'll see what he says.
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

The current log file on the server is 650MB and crashed notepad when I tried to open it.

LM|RCMP*

Post by LM|RCMP* »

Erowid wrote:The current log file on the server is 650MB and crashed notepad when I tried to open it.
well then, we'll just call this a pipe dream until someone makes a client side script for it
kisspng-emoji-symbol-computer-icons-discord-eyes-5abce302083c85.5886034315223283220337.jpg
kisspng-emoji-symbol-computer-icons-discord-eyes-5abce302083c85.5886034315223283220337.jpg (11.07 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
@perrinoia
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Erowid wrote:The current log file on the server is 650MB and crashed notepad when I tried to open it.
Oh, thanks E!
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

LM|| RCMP* wrote:oh, so there's no client side chat logs available?
Yes, there's the console.txt file in your Tribes main directory. It stores chat, death messages, and a few more things related to the game's operation, like scripts being executed, etc., which take a lot of space. Text recording might be disabled by default, as it was in my 1.40 package (I managed to enable it, don't remember how). The file may take several seconds to open if it's over 200 MB.
- <!>Tariq^
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ can open big log files.
You should periodically rename the file with the current date so it doesn't get too big.