New job, who dis?

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: New job, who dis?

Post by perrinoia »

OldGuy wrote:I've become quite addicted to watching cruiser vlogs. I'm thinking if I was 30 years younger I'd be sailing.
How old are you? I know a lot of senior citizens who started cruising when they retired. They don't stop till their bodies won't go any further.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

The service on a cruise for a old person is better than what you will find at an assisted living home. Those places typically don't have anyone with medical training on hand unless it happens to be a place where they train certified nurse assistants and if you're really lucky one actual resident nurse for two hundred people.

Even then if the shit hits the fan they just get sent out via ambulance to a hospital who will overlook anything but a major immediate ailment because they are going to die anyway and they get a lot of these patients every night so they're typically back at their assisted living home that same night not being any better off and actually usually worse from having to go through the hassle. Rinse and repeat until they die at the home or die at the hospital.

Might as well be cruisin
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I meant cruising on their own private yachts, not cruise ships, but I've also met people who are permanent residence aboard cruise ships.

Honestly, it's not a bad hospice idea... Just need an onboard crematorium and a steady supply of biodegradable urns. Maybe a funeral hall and tender service for attendees.

Oh, and a couple hundred boxes of scrabble with extra large letters.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

perrinoia wrote:
OldGuy wrote:I've become quite addicted to watching cruiser vlogs. I'm thinking if I was 30 years younger I'd be sailing.
How old are you? I know a lot of senior citizens who started cruising when they retired. They don't stop till their bodies won't go any further.
I'm too broke and even if I weren't I'm way to out of shape. And, yea, I'm not talking about cruise ships. I've never been interested in just a bedroom, bars, and an occasional stop here and there. Mostly YT gives me a chance to live vicariously through others. Which believe it or not I'm grateful for. And I've learned a lot about sailing, boat work, etc. which is pretty cool too.