Question about exploiting box maps to increase kills...

KILROY

Question about exploiting box maps to increase kills...

Post by KILROY »

Was on very early this morning, just before 2AM Central time and noticed someone on the server named Biggerst Penesis, alias gayness. They had setup a box map with auto spawning bots, but also had setup defenses on both sides of the map. What this was doing....they had joined the server with only 23 kills, but was using the auto spawning bots on the opposite side of the map to get higher kill ratios. When I rechecked the server, this person was no longer playing, but had almost 300 kills. They were AFK, but still getting the free kills from the auto spawning bots. I asked if they were there, with no response, so reset the server to defaults, and changed the map to Blastside CTF, but kept Biggerst Penesis in OBS. I'm posting this due to not sure if what this person was doing was something allowed.
assasin

Re: Question about exploiting box maps to increase kills...

Post by assasin »

It is not an exploit, its just someone who wants to have a lot of kills under their sleeves when they are playing with themselves I guess. Its been happening for years but used to be on practice maps with turrets and all. I don't think its necessary to reset server to defaults for that coz it ain't affecting anything. And how's everyone doing? :wavee:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Kill stats in this game are just for bragging rights. You don't get anything unlocked or anything from point farming.
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

If no one else is playing or it's a duel/practice map, it's ok IMO. If it was a non-duel map, if there were more people on and they were trying to play seriously, I'd tell the player and destroy the turrets. And like Assasin said, resetting the server doesn't make much difference lol
- <!>Tariq^
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I don't reset the server for that. I like to reset the server at least once a week if it's been up for too long in the hopes it clears cache to clear any type of issue's. I've seen a lot lately where people are complaining about lag spikes, and drop to go to another server to play on.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

I haven't had any trouble with lag, crashes, etc since the latest update.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

OldGuy wrote:I haven't had any trouble with lag, crashes, etc since the latest update.
Glad to hear that OldGuy....my next suggestion with those you were having was are you running a dual bandwidth router. It will have a 2.4 GHz band and a 5 GHz band. If you are not using a dual bandwidth router, it will have only the 2.4 GHz bandwidth.

Pretty much everything uses the 2.4 GHz bandwidth, which causes overlapping with wireless signals, unless you are using channels 1, 6, or 11 which don't overlap. So what does this mean...most electronics use the 2.4 GHz bandwidth, microwaves, cordless phones, etc. They emit the 2.4 GHz frequency which can interfere with another device causing connection issue's, like slower speeds, lag, or disconnects. But if your computer is on channel 1, 6, or 11...the signals don't overlap each other causing interference.

2.4 GHz has a farther transmit distance and penetrates floors and walls better than the 5 GHz, but the 5 GHz has a faster transmit rate and has 25 non-overlapping channels to use. You can however extend the penetration rate of the 5 GHz by adding a router extender emitter, which is a device that takes the 5 GHz frequency you are using and transmit it to another box device that amplifies the signal. You can use more than one of these to do this if you have multiple floors or a large building you are in with multiple rooms by adding another device either on the other existing floor just by plug it into a power outlet and then connecting to it (either via a physical cable or some will let you do this wirelessly) to set it up for service. If on a one story large building with multiple rooms, you will need to figure the amount of distance between the rooms you have and the limit of distance each extender can transmit, and just add that extender or extenders to the existing rooms. Again, just power the unit(s) and setup the programming. Then you have two choices, either connect to an extender in the same room via a physical cable, or if the extender is in another room, connect to it wirelessly. Done!

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, you can also convert an older router into a repeater just by going into it's programming and choosing the proper setup. That way you don't need to spend the extra monies for the newer electronics that are constantly being introduced on the current market.
virus

Post by virus »

You said penetration.
[NHOP]Virus
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Not gonna lie. I got hung up there for a sec, too. :hpat:
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Has anyone broken my record yet?

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads