Unreal Tournament

KILROY

Unreal Tournament

Post by KILROY »

:otopic: I actually started with this before Tribes and still play it solo, but was curious about any new maps made and looked it up the other night, and guess what, Epic Games remade it! It's in a pre-alpha season for testing right now, and they are looking for more players for beta testing, and guess what....the download is FREE!!!

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/#splash
Fixious

Re: Unreal Tournament

Post by Fixious »

I'm fairly certain this has been mostly abandoned by Epic. It's been in pre-alpha for a few years actually. Unfortunate, but I don't see this actually 'launching' with a large playerbase anytime soon.
AnniDv6

Re: Unreal Tournament

Post by AnniDv6 »

It's actually crazy how ripe the market is for a tribes like game right now. Call of Duty has gotten so stale that not only are they making basically the same game over and over, but now they are adding remastered versions of older versions of the same game. If somebody made an actual good triple-A fps+z with multiplayer and a good campaign story it would probably make them about a billion dollars. Unfortunately it sort of feels like video games are at the same point that the movies are at right now where it's the same thing offered to you over and over, but slightly repackaged.