Is it possible to get a copy of the Curren Annhilation Code?

sabo1

Is it possible to get a copy of the Curren Annhilation Code?

Post by sabo1 »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is coding on this, and or if I could get a copy to mess around with?

Let me know, thanks.
DaRk

Re: Is it possible to get a copy of the Curren Annhilation C

Post by DaRk »

I doubt you will be able too. The code for the server is kept tightly under wraps. The most recent public version of Annihilation is much different from what is used on the server. I do have a copy Perrin coded for me, that is similar and closer to the server, but still different. I have it on a hard drive somewhere. I will upload it if I find it.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

http://thelandofoz.net/downloads/TRIBES ... erverside/

There are 10 versions of annihilation here, but the latest public build was probably 3.0 which..gross, we have come pretty far. ultra annihilation and builder annihilation are pretty good for messing around on.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

What content did you guys add? I actually kind of like how right now we have games on the backup server sometimes with a much older version. It would be pretty cool if someone ran a successful 1.31 server or one of the builder annihilation mods. I remember one building version of annihilation where you had that tool that could deploy any shape in tribes. For some reason that is disabled in the current version I think.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

Ghost wrote:bawb and i replicated the main server a few years ago and added some new content as well. i prolly still have it but i aint gonna send it to no name nibbaS
on a 20 year old game, that maybe has 40 players left, what would you be afraid of?

I am a game programmer, I would just like to see if I could tweak the mod, since no one really works on it anymore. I wouldnt try to run it to take players from you all, if anything I would give it back to you all if you liked the changes so we can play it.

Annhilation maybe gets 4-6 players at game if you are lucky. I think some simple changes could change that.

and Im not really a no name, I been playing on these servers for years, I just smurf alot.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

Death666 wrote:What content did you guys add? I actually kind of like how right now we have games on the backup server sometimes with a much older version. It would be pretty cool if someone ran a successful 1.31 server or one of the builder annihilation mods. I remember one building version of annihilation where you had that tool that could deploy any shape in tribes. For some reason that is disabled in the current version I think.
I would love to see the hacker mode on the eng repair gun like shifterX, it let you hack enemy equipment for a short time.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

You would need to ask Crow for permission for the mod to be distributed. I think he is around the discord sometimes at annihilation.info

If you just want to bring in more players to tribes you could just make those same edits to any of the annihilation versions and host that. It's pretty unlikely that you are somehow going to strike some new unknown source of players or bring people back just by changing a few things, but I hear you. For the most part those players are just gone. They wouldn't even be able to see that you changed something.