Under the Map Caps and Ghosting

DaRk

Re: Under the Map Caps and Ghosting

Post by DaRk »

You have your mind set Luna. Think what you want. Record me all you want.
Azul

Post by Azul »

That map is horrible and should be eradicated from the server to never be heard from again in the history of video games

A distant memory to be forgotten in Tribes lore forever
LunaticChick

Post by LunaticChick »

Azul wrote:That map is horrible and should be eradicated from the server to never be heard from again in the history of video games

Which map Azul and why?
Azul

Post by Azul »

LunaticChick wrote:
Azul wrote:That map is horrible and should be eradicated from the server to never be heard from again in the history of video games

Which map Azul and why?
Down in a Hole, the one that Dark posted in the first post of this thread

Its just a way shitty raindance. Under no circumstance would any player who plays Tribes still would ever pick that map over raindance.

Horrid flag placement, horrid invos, it should just be deleted from the server.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Azul wrote:
LunaticChick wrote:

Which map Azul and why?
Down in a Hole, the one that Dark posted in the first post of this thread

Its just a way shitty raindance. Under no circumstance would any player who plays Tribes still would ever pick that map over raindance.

Horrid flag placement, horrid invos, it should just be deleted from the server.
I first remember seeing this map in UltraRenegades. I'm wondering what mod it was originally designed for. Agreed its a terrible map, but you deal with what you have.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I'm surprised that Down In A Hole uses the Raindance terrain. I always thought it was a bigger map, probably because the middle bridge is gone. But yeah that is a super old map from back in the day. I doubt it was designed thinking a mod would let players just straight up walk through walls (thanks Plasmatic). It was probably just a very early remake of Raindance before the Open Calls took place and people got really good at making maps and made things like Canyon Crusades.
Bonerville

Post by Bonerville »

DaRk wrote:After a debate earlier, I go to thinking about problems about the under the map rule. I feel as if some maps and the using of ghost leaves quite a few maps in question when ghosting. For example, on the map Down in a Hole, the flag itself is under ground technically. As you can see, I ghost from my flag to the enemy's flag under the map and make the cap. There are many other maps where this is possible. For example, I can set a jumpad in the bottom of the inside base on Raindance and ghost under the map to the enemy's flag. I'm not building a base under the map, but I am taking advantage of it. Does this really differ from making caps from ghosting outside of the base on Box? Would you consider the cap in this video legal or not? Opinions?

I call that legal. If players are too dumb to setup proper defence is their problem. I vote to bring back underground airstrikes ;)

Eat Boner
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Ghost is easy to defend against on that map. If folks are getting capped by ghost then they're too stupid to know to cover the flag first.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Bonerville wrote:I call that legal. If players are too dumb to setup proper defence is their problem. I vote to bring back underground airstrikes ;)

Eat Boner
I miss the days of rolo, ghost, you, me, etc, just fucking around on maps.