The True Veronica

KILROY

Re: The True Veronica

Post by KILROY »

I've never seen someone use auto aim, but seen enough accusations of accusing one, and it turns out that person being accused was just a damn good shot.

As for HM'ing...I've been able to catch a few that use it if you know what to look for when obs'ing them for some time. It's actually not hard to notice if you know what to look for. The best way....get together with one or more people you know, have them use different names, or not. Make it where you all know the names that they are going by, and have it where they use it and don't use it and see if you can spot when they are or are not while in obs. It's another game within a game, and at the same time trains one to know what to look for.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

My favorite HM catch was when Perrin caught Aristos. We obviously all knew Aristos was an HMer, but never really that good with it. Anywho, Perrin was under the map moving on a platform, and you could see Aristos trying to snipe the ground.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

DaRk wrote:My favorite HM catch was when Perrin caught Aristos. We obviously all knew Aristos was an HMer, but never really that good with it. Anywho, Perrin was under the map moving on a platform, and you could see Aristos trying to snipe the ground.
LOL....yeah, that was the best one :tup:
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

KILROY wrote:I've never seen someone use auto aim, but seen enough accusations of accusing one, and it turns out that person being accused was just a damn good shot.

As for HM'ing...I've been able to catch a few that use it if you know what to look for when obs'ing them for some time. It's actually not hard to notice if you know what to look for. The best way....get together with one or more people you know, have them use different names, or not. Make it where you all know the names that they are going by, and have it where they use it and don't use it and see if you can spot when they are or are not while in obs. It's another game within a game, and at the same time trains one to know what to look for.
dual monitors with a second client sitting in obs with hm running is the best way.

KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Erowid wrote:
KILROY wrote:I've never seen someone use auto aim, but seen enough accusations of accusing one, and it turns out that person being accused was just a damn good shot.

dual monitors with a second client sitting in obs with hm running is the best way.
Yes, this could be used, but not everyone can afford dual monitors. As for my statement, it was to help one learn into what to look for and how to spot it. Not just have someone start using it and monitor them from obs and you knowing it's being used. Have one or more friends join the server off and on, and either use it or not, and see if you can spot when they are or are not using HM when you are in obs watching them. Learning the differences in when it's being or not being used. This has even helped me catch some using HM while I was in game due to recognizing it with the past role playing that was done to help you learn more about it.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

You people need to thrift store shop. I've picked up several 24" monitors for $15 or under. May not be 144+ MHz, but still good monitors.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

DaRk wrote:You people need to thrift store shop. I've picked up several 24" monitors for $15 or under. May not be 144+ MHz, but still good monitors.
You might be using one of the many monitors I've donated....LOL! I'm actually a volunteer for Goodwill and Salvation Army's resale stores. I help them pick up and bring in items that people are not able to, and help them organize items within the store. I also repair certain items if needing it. The electronic items that are not repairable, go to a e-waste site to be recycled, unless I can use any of the parts for future repairs. But keep in mind Dark, not everyone has the ability to go to these places either due to age, no transportation, or a disability.
LunaticChick

Post by LunaticChick »

I saw AA probably at least 15 yrs ago. And maybe the ppl who showed me it was the creator. IDK.

Ppls are using the software hack to take advantage of others and that is ok for you all? Like playing under the map? And get their giggles? And that is ok?

So, who is really interested in saving this game or just wanna have a circle jerk?

Think about not being able to play Tribes on either of our servers since ppls are fed up with cheaters, HMers and those who feel they have the right to cheat.

It's a sad day for us all ...
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

I'm not sure where you are getting we support cheating. I have tried to manage it before and just get backlash of 'admin abuse,' that's just not worth my time anymore. It can be hard to get direct evidence of HM. You also don't want to get it wrong, cause it makes you look like an ass. That's all we are saying. I don't know how many accusations of HM I get every year (too many to count) while using 1.41.

I know there is one guy who takes advantage of software mode and I'm pretty sure he HMs as well, after having observed him while playing. Other than him, I'm not sure I've seen anyone else do anything wrong as of lately. But I'm not on that much.
MaxWellSt

Post by MaxWellSt »

meh I got happymod back in the day from frankthetank.
br brazil admins were all using it back in the day, covering for each other. lol