The True Veronica

LunaticChick

Re: The True Veronica

Post by LunaticChick »

Interesting ...
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

It's somewhat known or at least a backhanded joke that OZ would hm. They also happened to play a lot of LT-tribes where hm was allowed and put up for download on the LT websites, so it's not hard to see where the rumors came from.

As far as the idea that all the br admins were secretly hming in the annihilation server and laughing about it behind everyone or something, well sorry to disappoint you, but that just wasn't how it was. If anything we had way more people out to get hmers and sending recordings in back then. Obviously there were rogue users here and there, but sadly the the reality is more boring than you would imagine (as is usually the case in things) and I can't say I ever saw it get to a critical mass point where it felt like every other player had it. Plasmatic was putting in new hm fixes for annihilation as the cracks would come out back in the day. After annihilation 3.0 where development stopped that's when you got the whole LT-HM thing and no more real anti-hm patches for annihilation after that. 1.4 eventually was cracked (not released officially) and we saw a little bit more work for anti-HM done by NoFix.
LunaticChick

Post by LunaticChick »

And this means what?
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Good to know. Never really knew the history of Annihilation and HM. I haven't been around Annihilation as much as most of you (a little over 6 years now). Though I did regularly play several other mods regurally that were similar (Renegades, Shifter, Meltdown, Apollo11, Hybrid) over my 20+ years. I know it's history with UltraRenegades and how it ruined it.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

It's just not a black and white issue where you can ever *really* say that you know someone is cheating. If someone is constantly looking through the terrain and walls at targets you can assume, sure. You can *guess* that they might be cheating unless you want to hack them and literally look at what is on their computer. It also means that happy mode is not now and never really has been stamped out by server anti-cheat measures. The server cannot detect with perfect accuracy if someone is cheating or not, either. So that leaves us at this weird place where it comes down to listening to whoever is louder about it (that person was cheating!, no I wasn't! blah blah blah..)

At the end of the day whether or not someone else was running happy mod really did not help their chances against the better players of annihilation and most of the players I saw that were super good shots or knew exactly what to do and when during a scrimmage simply were not the people using or complaining about happy mod because they did not need any help crushing those players whether they could spot them clear across the map and through hills or not.

If you guys want to spend the last days of tribes fighting over happy mod and whether the game is dying/dead because I allow you to cheat or because I don't allow you to cheat (or maybe because the game is 20 years old and has not had developer support in 20 years) that is your prerogative.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

I play this game for fun, cant really stand people who talk trash for nothing. Its just a game.

also on the radar, motion sensors will track your movement and not show you that you been detected.