The True Veronica

DaRk

The True Veronica

Post by DaRk »

Well, those of you said you needed a video or recording. Well here it is. Veronica completely unprovoked. I joined the game and instantly Veronica went into observer and started talking trash. So I decided to rejoined and record. Judge for yourself. |SKB| Tequila is playing as naupa. Keep in mind that I see her say and do much worse to other players. This is my main reason for my strong dislike of her. Sorry, not sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTwMAIgI4FI
AnniDv6

Re: The True Veronica

Post by AnniDv6 »

It's just you setting airbase d and her sitting in observer?
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Yes. She then joins my team, boosts me, then TKS the D, and so on.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Yeah, you can see it being done. Don't they know that this action was grounds for being kicked, but if continued grounds for being banned?
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

It's pretty representative of typical Veronica behavior.

AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I must have missed the end when I watched earlier. Hope you warned and kicked. Feel free to kick them next time you see them after referencing this video, too. I guess I could do some research and find out who it is, but honestly tking defense and voting abuse etc. really isn't something I would consider extreme or really worth going after the person beyond just warning and kicking them. Just start kicking them so much that all they can do is join on endless names only to get kicked again. Most people will get bored of this at some point. Either they are going to stop or we lose a player who played the game half the time and trolled the other half. Not sure if that is a loss or not considering the playerbase
LunaticChick

Post by LunaticChick »

Bking is a kickable offense if repeated and if the Admin warns the ppl. But we do tolerate AA and HM, don't we?
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

It's not just the BKing Luna. It's her attitude towards the person as well. She only dropped right after she did it cause she knows she won't win that battle with me regardless of admin (which I don't have on the backup server). If it was someone else, she would just keep on doing it. This is what she does when she thinks no one is watching. It's what I've been trying to tell you. Not to mention that she stated I was insulting her and talking trash to her prior to this video. I would love to see her prove something that never happened. You're welcome to talk to |SKB| Tequila who will also verify I didn't say a word to her. It's the mind games she likes to play. IDK

I hate HM as much as the next, but it can be complicated to prove 100%. 1.11 users who are not using OpenGL can see people who are invisible, as software mode can't render a person invisible, doesn't necessarily mean they are using hm. I do think it's lame if a player uses software mode and take advantage of chameleon. That being said, we shouldn't put up with HM. Everyone should just use 1.41, but we should probably lose a few players if we ever enforced it.

No one has autoaim.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah HM is tricky because it used to be you had to hit the command map to see enemies detected by your sensors. Players would literally pull up the command map, click on a player and waypoint to them while flying and then pass the flag to them and so on. It was something you got comfortable bringing up for only a half second and gaining information, but it was a pretty bad system considering it covers your entire screen.

Then we got hudbot and it put the minimap in the corner like had become common in call of duty games. Now players could see enemy locations on their minimap in the corner of their screen without ever opening the command screen. Not everybody uses a minimap, but enough people did that it became fair use essentially and it really didn't tell you anything that wasn't already available in the command map screen.

The problem is a lot of players straight up have no sensor awareness at all and will accuse you of HM if you had the foresight to know they were on the other side of that hill or around that corner because they are right there on the minimap or god forbid maybe you played that map before and thought huh maybe I should clear around this corner first. The kind of HM you would be able to tell and want to kick for will usually be very obvious because they will be doing it without trying to hide it and for the entire match. In most matches it really isn't going to do much for them unless they are already a good shot anyway.

Auto aim would be extremely noticeable when you observe them you would see them snap to targets in a very obvious way. We don't really have any auto aimers..ever.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Well said. Also, taking advantage of using third person when trying to look around a corner without exposing yourself can really look like you're using hm. Though it's not too hard to tell that from someone tracking through a wall, if you know what you're looking for.