Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
OldGuy

Re: Trolls and Base Killers

Post by OldGuy »

S_hift wrote:that last line is perfect
have it auto kick after 5 base kills

have script detect if players turrets were clusters of the biggest turrets ect

basically need an admin bot at this point
I've had mines and turrets destroy team items before. You'd have to factor that in.
BeCool

Post by BeCool »

So Kilroy told me to share my experience about this troll player / s ..
After a three-year break i'm back onTribes.
I play constantly again as far as possible.
The last two weeks I've been playing a lot, and almost every day one of these trolls came into play.
Thoroughly messed up every player, not only Syn is affected, but simply everyone,
the so-called pseudo: Ro1o, Not a Biker, Tribes on steam, and the other names that he uses.
Came almost every day and annoyed everyone with his idiotic behavior,
whenever Tribesplayer was there he gave me temporary admin rights if he had to go himself,
which is often the case with him - eating, school, training ... .-
So I was really happy that he gave me the admin rights,
and I think other players were happy too, because I could at least protect the gameplay and
kick this idiot over and over again from the server.
I remember kicking him 5-7 times in a game, and then somehow
I think the server automatically banned him idk, or he was fed up: p
And about Tribesplayer I only say: I have never seen the Tribesplayer abuse his administrator rights....!
And I also had such a thought that you get kicked by the server with
several base kills or 4 pitchforking,in 10-15min time periode, no idea
whether that is feasible, but the idea is not bad.
I'm not sure if I have as LM = V = Admin,
if yes I wanted to ask if I can get this under the = V =?
As long as this problem persists because Warcon and Tribesplayer always give me
when they have to go, so that I can kick these trolls going.
But sometimes the two are not there and troll comes, then we are powerless and all
have to watch how he breaks the game. If someone starts a kickvote for troll,
he comes with a different name and start a vote versus this normalplayer,
and I have seen that sometimes it works and then the innocent player is kicked
off the server, and that's really bad ...
And I knew the right Caps Lock in the game back then,
he was a very good player and never made trouble,
so I think the disscusion last morning, with the pseudo (Caps Lock) where Kilroy was there,
was only so that Tribesplayer gets Problems here or even lost his admin rights, that was his goal.
He tries to destroy us internally !!!
That was my mean about all this trolls, sorry for long text, but i'm a bit angry for this situation.
Sorry for my english---thx
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

BeCool wrote:So Kilroy told me to share my experience about this troll player / s ..
After a three-year break i'm back onTribes.
I play constantly again as far as possible.
The last two weeks I've been playing a lot, and almost every day one of these trolls came into play.
Thoroughly messed up every player, not only Syn is affected, but simply everyone,
the so-called pseudo: Ro1o, Not a Biker, Tribes on steam, and the other names that he uses.
Came almost every day and annoyed everyone with his idiotic behavior,
whenever Tribesplayer was there he gave me temporary admin rights if he had to go himself,
which is often the case with him - eating, school, training ... .-
So I was really happy that he gave me the admin rights,
and I think other players were happy too, because I could at least protect the gameplay and
kick this idiot over and over again from the server.
I remember kicking him 5-7 times in a game, and then somehow
I think the server automatically banned him idk, or he was fed up: p
And about Tribesplayer I only say: I have never seen the Tribesplayer abuse his administrator rights....!
And I also had such a thought that you get kicked by the server with
several base kills or 4 pitchforking,in 10-15min time periode, no idea
whether that is feasible, but the idea is not bad.
I'm not sure if I have as LM = V = Admin,
if yes I wanted to ask if I can get this under the = V =?
As long as this problem persists because Warcon and Tribesplayer always give me
when they have to go, so that I can kick these trolls going.
But sometimes the two are not there and troll comes, then we are powerless and all
have to watch how he breaks the game. If someone starts a kickvote for troll,
he comes with a different name and start a vote versus this normalplayer,
and I have seen that sometimes it works and then the innocent player is kicked
off the server, and that's really bad ...
And I knew the right Caps Lock in the game back then,
he was a very good player and never made trouble,
so I think the disscusion last morning, with the pseudo (Caps Lock) where Kilroy was there,
was only so that Tribesplayer gets Problems here or even lost his admin rights, that was his goal.
He tries to destroy us internally !!!
That was my mean about all this trolls, sorry for long text, but i'm a bit angry for this situation.
Sorry for my english---thx
Agree with you here =V= . Fish aka Peter Ishee gets some sick joy out of trolling people, whether it be in chat or by BKing. He's done it for 10+ years. Not to mention that he tracts your IP and stalks players by finding their real name, address, etc. and stalks any social media accounts they may have. Dude is real creepy. Honestly, the best thing to do is ignore him or not let him get to you. If he can't cause you to react, it drives him insane.

Just remember, Fish aka Peter Ishee is the person in this video:

picea_sitchensis

Post by picea_sitchensis »

Another troll to look out for us ArmyPunk21. He was base killing and was kicked. Yesterday Caps Lock came back on. He was kicked a few days ago by me (I was given temp admin) and another admin for trolling as well. Yesterday he was just being an ass. Anyways it would be great to devise a solution to this nonsense. There aren't many players as it is, people like this will only drive people away and ruin the existing game.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

picea_sitchensis wrote:Another troll to look out for us ArmyPunk21. He was base killing and was kicked. Yesterday Caps Lock came back on. He was kicked a few days ago by me (I was given temp admin) and another admin for trolling as well. Yesterday he was just being an ass. Anyways it would be great to devise a solution to this nonsense. There aren't many players as it is, people like this will only drive people away and ruin the existing game.
FYI, this is all the same person. They troll real player's names to cause chaos and divide. They often are joined in the game more than once using VPN.
BeCool

Post by BeCool »

DaRk wrote:
picea_sitchensis wrote:Another troll to look out for us ArmyPunk21. He was base killing and was kicked. Yesterday Caps Lock came back on. He was kicked a few days ago by me (I was given temp admin) and another admin for trolling as well. Yesterday he was just being an ass. Anyways it would be great to devise a solution to this nonsense. There aren't many players as it is, people like this will only drive people away and ruin the existing game.
FYI, this is all the same person. They troll real player's names to cause chaos and divide. They often are joined in the game more than once using VPN.
With Army Punk I agree that it is the same person, but not so completely with Caps Lock. Because Caps Lock was there today and knew about these conversations about him, but judging by the behavior, it was the original Caps Lock. Didn't see do any bad behavior in the game last night / day.
We have Ascii characters so one thing that is invisible
https://i.imgur.com/z4OK1v9.jpg
if you use this instead of the space button, it is impossible for others to tell whether it is the right Caps Lock one or the wrong one...
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Well ain't this special. Via LinkedIn.
peter_ishee.png
Synsilliusarian

Post by Synsilliusarian »

Hello again all! Been away for a week but I am back. I appreciate the attention this is getting. Hopefully we can resolve this. =V='s mention of a few names ring true. However there were indeed two separate trolls we've dealt with. The pseudo "justro1o" was in fact Morgoth, as identified by Rolo himself. Morgoth has come in spouting racist garbage and trash talk left and right on multiple occasions, using several names and changing the L's in the names to 1's. However he has been much less of a problem than this Not a BKer/Tribes on steam fool.
Armypunk21 is the same troll I was having issues with and posted about originally. He does in fact run multiple clients with different names (as S_hift witnessed). He has often used this name and several others at the same time, while I am alone in the server.
After reading about the lack of admins, often during the time he pops in to BK, I remembered that I was granted Super Admin on the backup server before my 3 year break. I think it was tied to my IP, however my IP has changed since then. I can't remember if I had a SAD password or not. Would it be possible to reinstate this?
Also, welcome Picea Sitchensis to the forum board! I am glad these issues haven't disheartened you from playing, as I'm sure most other new, or returning players would--and have been--pushed away by events like these.
I like the auto-kick idea for BK'd items, but, as OldGuy has mentioned, I have also had mines destroy defenses. Also, I am sure this would only delay the issue... He would only reconnect again, and destroy the replaced defenses again anyway. I understand ignoring the guy(s) could solve some problems, but I also think it could exacerbate them. I spent a week and some change ignoring the guy, and it only seemed to make him target me even more, until eventually I imploded and was forced to post the OP. Unfortunately Luna still doesn't seem to think it was the same person, though I have no doubt at this point. I have since apologized to Luna for my implosion and lack of patience.
Again, thank you all for your attention to this. As posted before, this behavior only hastens the decline of this wonderful game. I truly hope we can figure out an answer to this problem.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

How would you guys feel about forced registration on the server and a waiting period to be able to do things? The server already has a registration system that is currently optional and tracks your stats and lets you log in to it, but this would be making that system mandatory and then putting certain restrictions on newly registered accounts. You might not even be able to play for the first day for example, only observe. So if you kick the troll and they come back they wouldn't even be able to spawn in or chat if we really didn't want them to and if they try to register a bunch of accounts for the next day we will just delete em' or make it such a pain to create multiple accounts that they go back to minecraft.