Trolls and Base Killers

Synsilliusarian

Trolls and Base Killers

Post by Synsilliusarian »

Is there nothing that can be done about the troll basekiller(s)?
For some reason there is a player that just has it out for me. If I kill him in any fashion, whether it be sniping, plasma, etc etc, his response is to run multiple clients and destroy any defense (particularly mine) that has been set. Often times if I am alone in a server, he will do this. When confronted, or kicked by an admin (As Luna saw today, though she doesn't think it was the same person.. though I believe it was), he returns to his original client and claims it wasn't him. This time he was under the guise of "not a bker" which.. I mean come on, really? You don't think he is a base killer? He came in under the name "not a bker" talking trash as usual, I kill him a few times, and as per the usual, he opens another client and comes in under the name <USR>King, and bypasses Luna's defense and kills mine. Luna kicks him, and he switches back to the "not a bker" client and says it wasn't him. He has a thing about losing to me, and simply attacking my defense and or attempting to launch me around with a rocket, whether I am killing him or not, for whatever reason. Whether I have defense or not. S_hift witnessed the base killing, and multiple-client running yesterday. The second S_hift leaves--literally within 20 seconds of his departure--the base killing recommences.
I reiterate, is there absolutely nothing that can be done? This has become a serious problem. The community is falling away rapidly as it is, and this behavior is only hastening it.
S_hift made a suggestion about passwording the server and changing the password on a weekly basis, and making the password available via private message on the annihilation discord. This I think might be a good idea, however it also may restrict the ability for completely new players to join.
S_hift

Re: Trolls and Base Killers

Post by S_hift »

I think the fix to all this would be removing pitchfork until the player has reached 500 kills

Maybe a prestige system for certain tools?

I'm gonna be online for a while so I'll make sure no ones fucking around. I'm no bosdad but I will use my powers with an iron fist.

Since I'm in the middle of a healing process. I'm just gonna monitor the server constantly. You know shits bad when they're thanking me lmao
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Nothing to do about it really. Although, once, while I briefly had admin, we were on an outdoor map. I'd wait for him to spawn and send him to the moon. He changed vpns and tags a couple of times and went back to the same old bk routine. I just kept sending him to the moon as soon as he spawned. He eventually left.

BTW, the LM server is back. Looks like it's in Dallas now. What's up with that?
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

thats where it be now lol wish crow would come back
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

OldGuy wrote: BTW, the LM server is back. Looks like it's in Dallas now. What's up with that?
Branzone moved their servers to Dallas from what I heard. That's why the downtime.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Synsilliusarian wrote: S_hift made a suggestion about passwording the server and changing the password on a weekly basis, and making the password available via private message on the annihilation discord. This I think might be a good idea, however it also may restrict the ability for completely new players to join.
Good in thought, but will be terrible to execute. A lot, if not most of our players do not use the discord server as of yet. I do not see this option retaining players. Not to mention it will not be hard for this 10+ year to smurf his way back into the server using discord. Not sure avoiding him like this is worth the risk of losing some of our limited playerbase.

Also, this is just Fish, tomato, or whatever name you want to give this clown. He does it to everyone. If he's not trolling you in chat, he's BKing.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

DaRk wrote:Branzone moved their servers to Dallas from what I heard. That's why the downtime.
Thought so. I got 15ms ping now. On DSL lol.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Why not just disable team damage on the turrets? I mean its disabled for players so...

and before you say its not that simple. Read the script variables for laserturret.cs ect ect.

then make an acception for said variable. if admin allow damage = true
or something like that whatever.

another idea is to enable team damage all together and that way the players can use martial law at thier disposal.

also to further build onto the idea of the turrets. disable team damage from turrets. because you can just bypass all of that with your own deployables. a next step the bkers are sure to make once they find out they can't kill turrets themselves.
assasin

Post by assasin »

S_hift wrote:Why not just disable team damage on the turrets? I mean its disabled for players so...

and before you say its not that simple. Read the script variables for laserturret.cs ect ect.

another idea is to enable team damage all together and that way the players can use martial law at their disposal.

also to further build onto the idea of the turrets. disable team damage from turrets. because you can just bypass all of that with your own deployables. a next step the bkers are sure to make once they find out they can't kill turrets themselves.
Disabling team damage will have its own effect on others. Like having a nuke turret in your base and someone set a lot of d in the same room, one ghost from the other team is all needed to destroy everything there. Most of the new people set nuke turrets without knowing what it does, so unless someone take it down, it wont go well for the team..

And also if someone deploy their turret and leave the game the turrets will still work unless someone new join that team. So your team literally cant do anything to that unless someone from the enemy take it down or someone else join the team.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

S_hift wrote:Why not just disable team damage on the turrets? I mean its disabled for players so...

another idea is to enable team damage all together and that way the players can use martial law at thier disposal.

I think you forget how fickle this person is. They will just change their strategy to other things to take advantage of those changes.

1. Take an inventory and use up all the deployables.
2. Block doorways with turrets or ffs because they are now indestructable.
3. Martial law? You're pretty much playing into the trolls hands here.

The main problem is his use of VPN to bypass kicks/bans. This guy is smart enough to change his strategy. It might be better off having better admin / server options. Still won't be perfect.

1. Be able to disable team damage by single player. Or maybe make it so he can't do any damage at all, even to the enemy.

2. Make it auto-kick for a certain number of bks. Or auto-disable fork/damage like in #1.