Reset Server

DaRk

Reset Server

Post by DaRk »

Server needs to be reset again. Its doing the thing where the physics are off on some of the armors such as warrior. The boost also do not function properly.
OldGuy

Re: Reset Server

Post by OldGuy »

Main server needs reset again. Clients crashing after trying to load Broadside. Finally got back on and ping was higher than normal. Then when I left and shut down Tribes it crashed again.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Seems good now. I voting to broadside in ctf og and broadside in ctf a-c and both loaded up fine without kicking me or anything. Maybe it's only happening after a certain map is played or something dunno
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Hmm...Ghost just reset the server 3 days ago, so don't think this will be the issue, but interesting point D. We would need to know what the previous map was that was played before the start of broadside to look into it further.

I take it the one's crashing are using the current version with updates, and not an older, non-updated map group? The older map groups were found to have flaws causing the crashing. The new version's were supposed to have fixed that, but maybe some things were missed.

OG, with what you relayed, I take it the players were already in game when Broadside loaded, and then crashed? Not while they were trying to join the server?
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Kilroy, I'm aware Ghost reset the server. All I'm reporting is players crashed after the server loaded broadside on the 5th. Then upon trying to restart Tribes the client crashed again. The next attempt was successful. But the point is, players' clients are still crashing. And, as I said, the ping, at least in my case, is more than double what it had been. I asked others and they said their pings were higher than normal as well. It seems to happen more when there are more players. It's not always the same map. It also seems to start when lots of nukes are going off. Once my client crashes (twice), and I get back to the game everyone is gone. Even when larger teams were playing. If anyone does join, they all talk about their game crashing. I'd say someone with log access could start by looking at the logs for the 5th around the time I posted. Should be an entry for RealOG dropped a few times in short succession. That should give a clue as to which maps were in play that day. I do know it continues to happen to numerous players. They frequently mention that.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

KK, thanks OG for clearing that up. The only reason I mentioned about the server reset is because this was posted under a title Re: Reset Server. I don't have log access so can't look into this. I could only follow this up with a PM to Ghost and Death at the moment, and Death replied back thanking for informing him about the issue
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

AnniDv6 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:26 pm Seems good now. I voting to broadside in ctf og and broadside in ctf a-c and both loaded up fine without kicking me or anything. Maybe it's only happening after a certain map is played or something dunno
Any idea why the pings are up since this all started? Did they move the server or something?
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Find the main server in the listings and click to sort by ip and you will see that it shares the same location except for the port as a handful of other servers. Those other servers are the other active tribes servers, base, pick up, lt servers. Pretty sure they are all hosted from the same machine so maybe during peaks there is bleeding on the pings in br. Honestly not sure though it could just be branzone in general changing things but the location of the server hasn't changed.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

AnniDv6 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:20 pm Find the main server in the listings and click to sort by ip and you will see that it shares the same location except for the port as a handful of other servers. Those other servers are the other active tribes servers, base, pick up, lt servers. Pretty sure they are all hosted from the same machine so maybe during peaks there is bleeding on the pings in br. Honestly not sure though it could just be branzone in general changing things but the location of the server hasn't changed.
Seems to be back to normal today. Must have been on the host end. Thanks for the input.