Epic Games Article About Tribes

AnniDv6

Epic Games Article About Tribes

Post by AnniDv6 »

_
I found an article on the Epic Games site about Tribes (someone posted it on r/tribes).

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/news/ ... n-the-west
By Rick Lane

I don't have much to say about it other than it's a solid write up of the history of the games and it does have some new quotes from people who worked on tribes about the production.

Also at the end of the article it mentions that "Tribes 3: Rivals is available in Early Access on the Epic Games Store." which is interesting because so far T3 has only been on the Steam store so this might mean that T3 is going to be added to the epic games store at some point.

I do remember Erez Goren (CEO at Prophecy Games) mentioning at one point in the T3 discord that there were plans to work with Epic to promote T3, I guess we will have to wait and see, but in theory there's some potential there to have Tribes 3 reach a much wider audience than it has been able to so far, and in doing so maybe continue the franchise existing into the future. He also mentioned possibly doing some free weekends on Steam which I haven't seen happen yet and they might not be able to do until the game is out of Early Access.