My Toy!

Beavis

Re: My Toy!

Post by Beavis »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:Dope video beav!!
Ed Hubbs is one of the best air brush artist around.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

SGT ROCK wrote:I had a friend that had a 69 Camaro pace car (conv), orange/white. Was showroom clean, a dream car in my book. He sold it waaaay back in the late 80's, the guy that bought it brought a trailer to take it home on. Why I'm not sure other than to save putting miles on it I imagine, I didn't ask the guy. As he was loading it one of his ramps slipped or came undone and I'll be damned if he didn't drop the damn car before he got it on the trailer. The damage was superficial it seemed but damn it had been so babied for years and years and then to see that happen. I've never seen so many guys let out a groan in unison like that.
Anyhow, I had a 92 RS Conv. Red/Black that I bought used in 94 and was the sweetest car I ever owned. It only had a 6 cyl. in it and wasn't that fast but damn it was fun to drive and cornered like a dream. Sold it after many years and got good money out of it but I kept it in great shape. Everyone should own a convertible at some point in their lives it's a great thrill to cruise in.
I know the paint and the stripes by heart, I painted a 69 Z28 all factory the same colors your talking about. My company I worked for payed 30,000 for this car. After I was done with it they sold it for 80,000. Very fine car. And believe it or not, I used a harbor freight 50 dollar paint gun to spray it. Lol. And if I would've been in the bunch when it fell I would have been the loudest screaming :P

http://www.selectmotors.net/car-restora ... ojects.cfm I thought they still would have a picture of the car , but can't find it. I did the 1949 woody and the 1979 Z28 im sure a few more but im not looking.
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Beavis wrote:
SGT ROCK wrote:I had a friend that had a 69 Camaro pace car (conv), orange/white. Was showroom clean, a dream car in my book. He sold it waaaay back in the late 80's, the guy that bought it brought a trailer to take it home on. Why I'm not sure other than to save putting miles on it I imagine, I didn't ask the guy. As he was loading it one of his ramps slipped or came undone and I'll be damned if he didn't drop the damn car before he got it on the trailer. The damage was superficial it seemed but damn it had been so babied for years and years and then to see that happen. I've never seen so many guys let out a groan in unison like that.
Anyhow, I had a 92 RS Conv. Red/Black that I bought used in 94 and was the sweetest car I ever owned. It only had a 6 cyl. in it and wasn't that fast but damn it was fun to drive and cornered like a dream. Sold it after many years and got good money out of it but I kept it in great shape. Everyone should own a convertible at some point in their lives it's a great thrill to cruise in.
I know the paint and the stripes by heart, I painted a 69 Z28 all factory the same colors your talking about. My company I worked for payed 30,000 for this car. After I was done with it they sold it for 80,000. Very fine car. And believe it or not, I used a harbor freight 50 dollar paint gun to spray it. Lol. And if I would've been in the bunch when it fell I would have been the loudest screaming :P

http://www.selectmotors.net/car-restora ... ojects.cfm I thought they still would have a picture of the car , but can't find it. I did the 1949 woody and the 1979 Z28 im sure a few more but im not looking.
I was sure you'd know that pace car. That is really cool Beav, I used to hang out with a guy who was a body man, well he rebuilt cars and his favorite was Porsche, he painted and rebuilt a whaletailed Targa black, damn that was a sweet lookin ride when he got done. I'd help him a lil bit now and then and while I'm no motorhead I doooo appreciate the muscle cars and skill it takes to rebuild and paint. It's a real art to restore vehicles like that, much respect! I have a brother who's into it too. I take quite a few pictures at car shows in my area, I'll have to post some of those sometime. Well here maybe this will get your "goat" on. hehehe
Attachments
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0040.JPG
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

Yeah that's sweet, I've worked on a few. Plus my friend had one ,he put the three duce's on his' The Goat.