Astral Projection

perrinoia
Site Admin

Astral Projection

Post by perrinoia »

I'm writing a new mod (haven't decided what to call it yet) and I'd like to give you a quick preview.

But first, a brief description of the mod...

I started with base, and don't intend to change the item shopping list, at all (at least not in the inventory menu, but I might add some items to the vehicle station's list).

If you use an item twice in a row, you will activate it's secondary mode... For instance, energy pack's primary mode (use = wear) gives you more energy, but if you use it again, while weapon it, you'll get a nifty boost. If you use chaingun [3] when it is already mounted, you'll switch from armor piercing rounds to incendiary (chaingun/vulcan), etc...

But the big modification will be with the beacons. In annihilation, there are 9 armors, and each has a special ability activated by using beacons. My mod will have 16 different beacon abilities, determined by your armor AND your pack... For instance, using beacons while wearing an Ammo Pack will deploy different items depending on your armor (Light, Medium, or Heavy). Using beacons while weapon a deployable pack, or no pack will simply deploy the default beacon (aka target beacon).

The following video depicts what will happen when you use beacons while wearing SensorJammerPack and Light Armor.

Basically, it fakes your death and puts you in control of an observer camera. You can fly that observer camera around for up to 3 seconds. If you jump, your unconscious body will snap back to life, but if you pull the trigger, your body will teleport to the position of your observer camera!

I had to add 3 deploy checks to this ability. First, the position must be above the terrain. Second, the position must not be within 2x2x2 of any item (flags, repair packs, health kits, etc...), and third, your body must actually fit in the space you are teleporting. I'm thinking about making it swap places with other players like the phase shifter, too, but I haven't coded that, yet...

Anywho, lemme know if you've got any suggestions for what I should call my mod, or for alternate weapon/pack/beacon modes.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Astral Projection

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

drunken perrinoia

btw bong msg me the other day, and told me to tell u to login steam and say hi to him.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I installed steam last night, but he wasn't on.

Complete waste of time... ;)
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Just a quick observation note. In the description of the video you are relaying using a "sensor jammer pack", but I see an energy pack on the demo video. Was it a Sensor Jammer itself that was deployed? Or did you actually mean using and wearing a Sensor Jammer Pack?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

The mod is unfinished. Currently, it doesn't matter what pack or armor you are wearing.

However, when I code the other abilities, I'll restrict this one to light armor + sensor jammer pack (not the deployable one).

Deployable packs and no pack ability will be the default beacon.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Nice, looks interesting, can't wait to try it out!
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:I installed steam last night, but he wasn't on.

Complete waste of time... ;)
ps: update your avatar pic!!!! is that a pic of your DL photo? lol
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Passport, actually... That photo is 13 years young!

Any way, do you have any suggestions for the name of my mod?

Maybe, "Legendz_WaitForIt_Dairy"?
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:Drunken Perrinoia
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

frontlines