I wanna know how he does the cracked screen, I hate the red tint

AnniDv6

Re: Who dis

Post by AnniDv6 »

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I used to have that config... Can't remember which one it was.

Cracked screen is way better than red flash...
blankgirl

Post by blankgirl »

Yes, can someone plz link me to the cracked screen file?

blankgirl
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

i want that cracked screen file too.
Groove

Post by Groove »

that video is by Binswees and is HEAVILY post-processed

color correction, screen shake, motion blur and more all added in post

cracked screen effect was done by using a .dll to remove the damageflash, and then a simple overlay was used for the replacement crack effect that fades in/out on any damage

its totally not usable practically in-game because you lose a ton of feedback on smaller hits

alarik and i experimented with different scripted replacement overlays that offered more feedback but some people consider it a cheat so we never released them

i used one in this vid that works pretty decent, i had to tie it into the huds so that the huds flashed red @ the same time so you could see smaller hits

Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

Groove wrote:that video is by Binswees and is HEAVILY post-processed

color correction, screen shake, motion blur and more all added in post

cracked screen effect was done by using a .dll to remove the damageflash, and then a simple overlay was used for the replacement crack effect that fades in/out on any damage

its totally not usable practically in-game because you lose a ton of feedback on smaller hits

alarik and i experimented with different scripted replacement overlays that offered more feedback but some people consider it a cheat so we never released them

i used one in this vid that works pretty decent, i had to tie it into the huds so that the huds flashed red @ the same time so you could see smaller hits
would be nice to have in anni cuz troll minigun turns my whole screen red and I can't see jack.

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I agree.

According to the scripts, the damage flash should never be more than 75% opaque (25% transparent), but I feel like it's 100% more often than not...

We gotta tone that shit down... Maybe make it 50% max...
Groove

Post by Groove »

the damage flash is kinda like a hitpunch - you have a little bit of a disadvantage while you're getting hit - and removing it gives someone a minor advantage, so it's a cheat in some peoples minds

tribes built in damageflash is really strange, it has an intensity+time algo for the fade in/out that totally not linear, you can emulate via script (or hook the built-in intensity var) but in my experience it was really hard to get the same amount of feedback using anything that was just on the edges, you find yourself taking little bits of damage from chain or clunky skiing and you don't notice it because its not as obvious as the default flash