I making tribes videos again

S_hift

Re: I making tribes videos again

Post by S_hift »

made another one. Its a small 3v3 outdoor spawn.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

That looks better than your previous setup. Not so spammie. Like the T2 disc skin. It's a shame it's not animated though. I'm also disappointed that you lost the flag against Rage, even when you went back to get it. You're better than that. Hehe. Nice job overall.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Yeah it was the first time playing that map in pub. I didn't even bother to practice routes for it cause of beacon boosts.
The T2 disc is animated, but only thing its capable of doing is spinning and firing I never really noticed the recoil animation is missing. Might add a better overlay for the disc texture cause that thing is old wish i could find T2 textures in png format. I would add them to T1 and make them look good.

Anyway subscribe to my youtube, I always sub back but only if the user has tribes uploads or various gaming videos. I'll be posting Annihilation matches every week. I like to watch other peoples videos while I'm work, especially during the winter time cause business is so slow.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

heres another :D
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

I'll sub. I subscribe and watch videos, just not a YouTuber, for a variety of reasons. Also, I know my limits.

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

lmfao was that an snl skit. I only recognize two ppl lol

anyway peep the mid air on the bside video 10:00
Scarecrow{oz}

Post by Scarecrow{oz} »

Love the zoom feature, where did you get that and the custom skins/sounds?
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

The zoom feature actually came with tribes located in everyones clientpref.cs in the config folder. I zoom very often in search of targets or just scanning distance that it gives other people headaches when they watch my videos, so I had to find the preference in the clientpref.cs to edit the zoom speed prior to recording the video.

Code: Select all

$pref::PlayerZoomSpeed = "0.5";
if you don't like it you can always switch it back. This is what i currently have my player zoom speed set to. I'm not sure what the stock variable is.

Code: Select all

$pref::PlayerZoomSpeed = "0.01";
Most of the base textures came from the HDv2 config, then I rearranged a few of them, because some of it just didn't look right or true to the original textures. So I did side by side comparisons of the defaults with the HD pack, then I scoured the web for seamless textures and touched them up with photoshop. The only base texture I actually made myself were iblock texture (not seen in video) and various generic base textures.

The terrains are tricky to explain. So the alien, mud, and desert terrains I made use droplets and overlays with Legions Overdrive terrain files. They still resemble the stock terrain, but they're a bit more refined. The ice and lush terrains where made from various textures i found on the internet. I had to re-edit every single overlay to in order for the texture to match on all sides, not just the top matching the bottom and the right matching the left. I had to get the overlay textures to match on all sides, no matter what side.
This process really bears explaining...

The T2 disc, chaingun.png, and grenade.png came from a hudbot config known as Tribes Project 3 developed by the Tribes One Community. I had to find volume tools to extract the T2 disc from the entities.vol in that project. The T2 armors are from the T2 makaze mod then an fps fix was introduced by phantom. I found a 1.40 version converted by anoobis on the TE site.

The skybox textures were made by a Quake 3 player then I had to add fog gradients to make them blend into the fog on the hills in the game.

Some of the sounds are the ones Krogoth ripped from ascend. The flag cap sounds and death sounds are ones that douchewater ripped from modern warfare and battlefield. The explosions are made from various explosions found on youtube. Then i edited them for deeper bass and louder volume to simulate actual explosions, like the baby nuke actually lets out a huge explosion to that of a small nuke. The mechanical sounds from the heavy armors are from a mix of different sounds to simulate heavy mechanics.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

tl;dr? Heres another video from last weekend. I got 110 points on this match but I wasn't really concerned with scores. I was a bit annoyed that the enemy kept trying to farm lasers in the field.

Special thanks to S_pydeR, Lunaticchic, UnemployedViking, RandyBobandy and Bonerville for being such good sports and keeping the pressure on and their team together throughout the game.

SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

That was a fun game I like that map and takes a lot of teamwork... how do I get the config with the t2 models?