nifheim ss's

KILROY

Re: nifheim ss's

Post by KILROY »

The problem with the server is everyone keeps playing the same maps over and over and over, it's get's boring, especially when there is a large selection of other maps to play. Playing the same maps with the same players, using the same ski routes also gets tiresome to not only play, but obs. I was on the other night when Raindance finally was selected by the server to play, it went for less than 10 mins., but then you had new people complain about the map. Players that I've never seen play Tribes as long as some of the other people on the server, so the map was voted to play another repeat again, when Raindance used to be a popular map to play. Same with Iceridge, Broadside, Emerald Valley, and a bunch of others. Yes, it's fun to jump in fresh and play repeat maps, but after awhile it's get's tiresome, and you start to loose players quickly due to them getting bored of doing the same thing all the time. I've played maps that I didn't like, but I kept in game, to continue the sportsmanship, or if I didn't care for that map, moved to obs to take a quick break to maybe get something to eat, or drink, then jump back in on the next map. What happened to sportsmanship today?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I continue to play regardless of which map cycles through, but what drives me bonkers is when people vote to change the map 2 seconds after the map changes, then vote to change the map again, and again, and again.

I strongly feel that no one but admins should be able to change the map. Voters should only be able to change the NEXT map in the cycle.

If you want to end a map early, accomplish the mission objectives!

That's my 2 cents on the topic.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

KILROY wrote:The problem with the server is everyone keeps playing the same maps over and over and over, it's get's boring, especially when there is a large selection of other maps to play. Playing the same maps with the same players, using the same ski routes also gets tiresome to not only play, but obs. I was on the other night when Raindance finally was selected by the server to play, it went for less than 10 mins., but then you had new people complain about the map. Players that I've never seen play Tribes as long as some of the other people on the server, so the map was voted to play another repeat again, when Raindance used to be a popular map to play. Same with Iceridge, Broadside, Emerald Valley, and a bunch of others. Yes, it's fun to jump in fresh and play repeat maps, but after awhile it's get's tiresome, and you start to loose players quickly due to them getting bored of doing the same thing all the time. I've played maps that I didn't like, but I kept in game, to continue the sportsmanship, or if I didn't care for that map, moved to obs to take a quick break to maybe get something to eat, or drink, then jump back in on the next map. What happened to sportsmanship today?

Best way I can sum it up is that people don't like to learn new maps. Regardless of how old the game is yes, they still don't know maps outside of the like 6 we use in rotation. I'm all for other maps, but expansive maps like Raindance with less than a 5 on 5 is like cancer with how large the map is. What I really want is for these bigger maps to be scaled down slightly so it doesn't feel like a lopsided camp fest. Either way, LT is alot of fun and I'll gladly play the same maps over and over. Just because the maps are the same, doesn't mean there aren't new tactics to unfold, or new strategies to unveil. :jnick:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Hmm... Maybe we should rate maps based on size and automatically skip them if there are too many or not enough players for the rating.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I continue to play regardless of which map cycles through, but what drives me bonkers is when people vote to change the map 2 seconds after the map changes, then vote to change the map again, and again, and again.

I strongly feel that no one but admins should be able to change the map. Voters should only be able to change the NEXT map in the cycle.

If you want to end a map early, accomplish the mission objectives!

That's my 2 cents on the topic.
Yeah, agreed, this is another issue that happens frequently.
Just because the maps are the same, doesn't mean there aren't new tactics to unfold, or new strategies to unveil.
Lawlz, I've watched you play for hours, and you don't use new tactics when playing the same map over, and over, and over. You use the same ski routes due to you knowing them to be effective for map capping, or eliminating the defense at the enemy base in order to clear a way for a team member to grab the flag. These strategies NEVER change. Once learned they are always used in game. Your an old school player and a good one. You for one should know better to mention this.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

You obviously must not watch me play... I do new shit almost every map. Whether its an alternate version of a route, or a new way to self-pass a flag, or a new spot to beacon-hop. Don't try to act like you know how I play when you're the one who plays LT the same way every-time VAV.....
Tribes is a team oriented game and is always changing as long as you're actually trying for a change; don't get mad at me that you can't come up with new viable playstyles outside of camping a route the whole game.

Edit: Anyways don't bother responding if you're just going to be negative / trolly as fuck all the time. :jlol:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That escalated quickly.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

perrinoia wrote:That escalated quickly.
Yeah but I'm just a blunt person man. If you can't find new ways to increase your tribes play still to this day, then are you even
really a player? :hscratch:

Games that revolve around teamwork are vastly superior because of this concept... hence why we all still fucking play boys \o/
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

You're not wrong. I adapt my game play to thwart my enemies... For instance: Enemy can track me, anywhere. Go underground.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

perrinoia wrote:You're not wrong. I adapt my game play to thwart my enemies... For instance: Enemy can track me, anywhere. Go underground.

Lmao, okay I wouldn't go that far. :hbeat: