I played today

justR

Re: I played today

Post by justR »

That's a related, although completely separate argument OG. Certain weapons being beyond OP is nothing I can fix.

Speaking of no longer fun for others...I have this same argument with Synsillarian. I don't find people that stack defense on small games, like 2vs2, enjoyable, and that ruins the game for me. With such low numbers it's near impossible to kill that amount of defense on a lot of the maps, and then you're stuck with...just sniping, since it eliminates any real flag play from the equation.

Also, players that constantly go invisible with 5x beacons, basically being able to stay invisible the entire time. This ruins the enjoyment for me as well, it's skill-less, and the people who do it never challenge themselves to get better at actually sniping, instead they hide behind the crutch of not having the other player be able to see them. While this equalizes the sniping skill-gap a bit, it keeps bad players bad.

My point with those two gripes, is those players who do that lame shit don't give two shits if it ruins other's fun at all. It makes me want to invisible jail people until they rage out and leave..I haven't yet because without others having enjoyment there is no server of people to play on. If I only cared about single player's numbers, I'd just railgun 24/7 since that's what I'm best at. I don't, I still try to master Titan/particle beam and enjoy ghost capping.

tl; dr
fuck invisibles
justR

Post by justR »

DaRk

Post by DaRk »

To be fair, our team was stacked. Though I didn't partake in the offensive shenanigans. Most of my kills/mas came from owning Veronica's airbase.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I remember that match. I was setting D on our side and Rolo was setting D on the other team. Even with solid D set in the first five minutes on our side and with lots of turret kills, we started getting overwhelmed at our base. I had not gone O at all at that point and went over to find an entire turret stack on their side. I think Rolo had managed to put pretty much every turret up, plasma turrets all around the terrain etc. Sometimes the best D is a good O. If you have zero O and really good D, but the other team has nobody attacking their base they can easily overtake your D because nobody is stopping them from coming right back over again and again.

A lot of annihilation tactics is keeping the other team busy having to reset their D and repair things etc. or sniping their O while they are on the way to your base, constantly adding to the time taken since last attacking your teams D. Teams may have been stacked in this match since they had good D and O, capping out, but it still raises a question about D being too strong in the mod for some players and they have no idea how to clear it. Sometimes it's a perfect matchup and good D gets set and destroyed multiple times on each team, but we could possibly raise the percentage of those types of games happening.
justR

Post by justR »

Dark - who was this Veronica playing as in that game?

Death - you did the best you could under those circumstances (Dark was setting the D, not me) as far as balancing, I always thought there should be a deployable limit, similar to how you can only have so many laser turrets in a specific amount of area or it says interference from other laser turrets etc (or whatever it says) this would at least stop people from stacking 16 deployable platforms on top of 2 lasers...you could also nerf the damage taken to destroy them but then if you do that, instead of 16 someone sets 32 etc

Also, since we're throwing around ideas to balance..I posted before about limiting invisible armors (necro, cham assasin) to only 1-2 beacons instead of the usual 5. 5 allows them to stay invisible the entire time, which is very unfair given some people happymod and/or use software mode to see invisibles, which you don't even have an option for in 1.41. If you limit it to 1-2, it balances the invisibility so the player has to actually kill someone and retrieve more beacons to stay invisible (a reward system) I don't know time limit wise how long each beacon lasts, but you could also tweak the time on that too

FYI builder armor is only allowed 1 beacon so they can't continually set inventories and heal/add ammo 5 diff times
assasin

Post by assasin »

In the real server, deployables are nerfed. Making invisibility to turn off when you use your weapon can be better..
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

justR wrote:Dark - who was this Veronica playing as in that game?
Zaob. If it wasn't her, they mimicked her play.
justR wrote:(Dark was setting the D, not me)
You should of seen the last time I didn't set D and just played offense. Got yelled at and blame for the loss because apparently it's always my responsibility? Why would they want to learn or improve? :hbeat:
justR wrote:FYI builder armor is only allowed 1 beacon so they can't continually set inventories and heal/add ammo 5 diff times
That's debatable. You technically can just keep getting beacons from your kills. Same with chameleon. That's how I was able to hold her airbase all map. She kept supplying me with beacons. :fshit:
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Ghost added a lasting beam image similar to the particle beams lasting beam to the Chameleon sniper today so it's easier to see where an invisible sniper is hitting you from now. Try it out in the main server.
justR

Post by justR »

that sounds nice..I don't even know which server is the main..is the one usually with people the "backup" ?

If so, is there any reason we can't/don't have both servers being identical mods with all the same changes?