S1 forums

S_hift

S1 forums

Post by S_hift »

yeah yeah, its a bit of a ghost town. But hey, stop by and request challenges ect.
http://squadones1.proboards.com/
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
TXRedneck

Re: S1 forums

Post by TXRedneck »

challenges for what?

other than p/u's; there is no comp scene sadly.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

then we make one. its not that hard. Just the willingness of people to get on their asses sit in front of a desk and own it up.
Striker

Post by Striker »

Harder than it sounds bro. Much harder.
TXRedneck

Post by TXRedneck »

Indeed!

We tried to do a Community Draft Ladder or a Clan Ladder.

It never happened. We didn't get half the player we needed just to get the minimum amount. In order to have a comp scene it would take the entire Tribes 1 community. That won't happen either! Believe me; I've been trying for years.

The last time I had any luck in getting spawn players to try to get into Anni several were kicked and or banned. Since 1 of them was a right hand of mine and a ranking member in troc; that was that. There's too many sensitive & stubborn Admins in all communities. In order for things to work we would all have to give a little to get a lot. Unfortunately; everyone thinks that their preferred mod is the of all be all of tribes 1, and all the others are shyt. One of many reasons why the game is only a skeleton of it's former glory.

I'm having to start completely over. :?
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

spawn players play spawn because they can't cope with invo. Thats why renLT was made because they die too much and don't know how to defend any other objectives than the flag.
TXRedneck

Post by TXRedneck »

Yup; thus why it's called CTF.

Most came from Ren Armor and a few from Anni mind you. Then once things started to get boring ie overloaded defense and D stacks; they created a mod that specifically revolved around the flag objective & teamwork. I enjoyed it. Playing man to man rather than fighting turrets and those that hide behind them. Most of the best of the best play or played in that mod. Some of the elite in Ascend are from that mod. Then again; those guys get bored easy and move on to other games fairly quickly. When the level of competition drops so do they.

And here we are. :lol:
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

so 5 people chasing after 1 person is man to man? Mind you that the reason why Annihilation has been popular for so long is the mixed tactics gameplay. You can play the entire match in spawn armor and win, you just have to go for other objectives other than the flag itself. Like uh, lets say the generator and solar panels? There is more to capture the flag than just the flag itself.

I miss playing ascend. That game was really fun but it seems to be just a version of renegades. I was hoping of something more base play oriented. After they started introducing throwing knives, I kind of lost interest =\
TXRedneck

Post by TXRedneck »

Well I wont get much into it. The bottom line is what made Tribes 1 so popular is the different mods.

Base was the shiznit for a long time. Then Tribes grew up a bit and branched out. Great mod imo!

Ren Armor Rocked, but too many dictators ruined it for the community and it died because of it.

Troc spawn was something else all together and each player had to be spot on all the time or game over. Probably the funnest mod I've played as a whole.

Anni is a mix of put anything and everything into a mod and go all out. A cluster but played correctly a very intense, and sometime low scoring game. Still learning the mod personally.

I totally agree with ya about Ascend. It lacks balance and consistent ping. It's run from the unreal engine so that pretty much explains that. The throwing knives are ghey. I've been taken out while capping by those from a considerable distance. They're OP just like the NJ5 and Shotguns.

They are about to do another update to address many of the issues. We'll have to see if it makes much difference. ;)
LegendzLOL

Post by LegendzLOL »

What I do not understand is, how can you be "best of the best"?
When you cant deal with D, or any weapon other then a disk launcher.

At most you are really good 1 trick ponies.

Real Talk.... When OZ is running the mod and OZ is sought as a center of the community.. Whoooa Brother.....
You just gotta realize all hope has left the building a long time ago.

The land of OZ was run off of (S1) modified Annihilation for years. BR server is now running on a Modified version of the Blue Sex edits made by Plasmatic and DXSTRYR.

Only things Crow has really done is take out all the items that balanced the game. Made it 10X more Particle Beam, HM, Campwhore friendly.
Made D; in some circumstances, nearly indestructible.
Noobs don't like to work hard.
That's how OZ players do.
Which is why there is so much focus on Arena and 1 v 1 duels.
There's no comp scene because there's no competition.
T1 is just a bunch of bads. None of which have any capacity to achieve. All of them with a massive dependency on scripting and modding to do even the simplest things. its no wonder nobody takes it seriously enough to play competitively anymore. All that and you guys trash anyone who is good support or thinks outside the box like STU.

Crow cant scrim, OZ loses scrims. But hey if you want to 1 v 1 Arena he got you covered.

However if you want to raise a clan and see some team tactics and a real fight.
You'll get banned and censored, because OZ has no clue how to play T1, T2, TA, CTF.
Yet these are the people modding your game-play and directing the server you play in.

Want to revitalize a scrim/clan based community?
Take the reigns from the very people that killed it.
Next step take the particle beam factor out of the equation.
Remove deployable box's and limit the placeable amounts across the board.
Esspecially blast walls and FF's and finally take out Necro.
Then you will have a good game because the players will have to actually play to win.

Most of all; stop playing in BR Server. OZ is getting in your head and dumbing you down.

You make/find that you got a GG.