{LS}

Shayk-N'-Bake

Re: {LS}

Post by Shayk-N'-Bake »

Don't know why I never joined this site before now. Seems like a nice community that's continued to survive the senescence of Tribes. I've been trying to host an online presence for {LS} since about 2010 or so (though it's mainly just been used by Slawdog, LongShot and myself to stay in touch for the most part), but I've only managed to start playing T1 again over the past couple of months or so.

I see several people on here saying they were in {LS}, but not all are known to me. Trying to keep an updated roster on our forums and Discord. Be great to have anyone who's missing added if you notice any unintended omissions you can update me on. I do remember S_hift, and I see that he recently posted he's stopped playing Tribes due to some personal issues... Shame, especially given the timing.

Several of us try to get together for a few games on our URVX6 server most evenings. I've noticed a few more people stopping by lately, and more are always welcome. Duck.tx has become a regular who, along with Slawdog, does a great job of showing me just how bad my shot has gotten in those mods over the years.

I've also worked over TommyGun's old URVX7 mod weapons and boosts/brakes into a 1.41 setup to help keep out 1.11 users and hopefully make the game more fun if anyone wants to play on that server any. Don't know if Blakhart still hangs around these communities or not, but he did a lot of work on his own URVX7 mod (no relation to TommyGun's) back in the day to work it into 1.30 LH at the time. Would be nice to have more interest in making these mods playable with greater resistance to nofog/wallhacks and the like. Blakhart was also a cool guy and really good friend.

Well, I think I've jabbered enough. I'm definitely glad to see there's still a few decent T1 communities around with active members. Maybe I'll brave the base/Anni servers again one day... when I'm ready to really see just how bad I have gotten at this game. :shok:
Shayk-N'-Bake / {LS}Shayk
BeCool

Post by BeCool »

{LS}Shayk :welcomep: Back !!!
What is the name of your server?
:coolio:
Shayk-N'-Bake

Post by Shayk-N'-Bake »

Thanks! The server's called {LS} Battlegrounds.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Hey Shayk-N'-Bake, good to see ya bro! Been a long time. Longshot, you too!

Their CTF servers, but Ultra_Renegades.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Shayk-N'-Bake wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:53 am Don't know why..
Sounds fun. I will try to stop by when you guys are playing and play some ultra. Can you post the invite link for the discord again, that one didn't work. The annihilation community server has some CTF Bot maps that auto spawn annihilation mod spoonbots that you can practice against. Just join when nobody is on the server and vote it to a bot map under tab- vote mission - ctf bots.

Annihilation mod Server Name Is:
Annihilation Community <!> LM {OZ} & BR Clans
connect("67.222.138.46:28007");
Shayk-N'-Bake

Post by Shayk-N'-Bake »

Thank all of you guys for the warm welcome here.

It seems I posted the wrong URL for the Discord. Sorry about that.

https://discord.gg/rFRrZ8V

I'll take your advice about practicing with some bots in the Annihilation server, and also hope to see you in some of our evening Ultra games too. Thanks!