UnOfficial Mod Fix list

AnniDv6

Re: UnOfficial Mod Fix list

Post by AnniDv6 »

Bump. How's the update going?
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

Not sure if you saw this yet or not Crow, so I'll re-post it here (...now that I can :mrgreen: )

A "change" I've noticed since my "vacation" is that the Builder Repair Gun range has been reduced.
Not sure if this was intentional or not....

Also,
When I'm piloting and another player jumps in, I have no way of telling if it's an enemy or team mate.
Many times I've self-destructed a ship, crashed it, shot it, or bailed out unnecessarily, thinking my unexpected passenger
was an enemy when it wasn't.
I've actually accidentally TK'd a few players like this.

Is there some way you could make the tags show on passengers or make some kind of on-screen notification if an enemy is in your APC?

One more thing...
Can you put "tentacles" on the airpad station like the invos have?
(probably not, since that station was never meant to service multiple players at once)
...or make it so you can't place a deployable close enough to block it?

Here's the problem:

(...and I still think you should make all the APCs red and say "S']['U A][R" on them.)
virus

Post by virus »

S']['U wrote: One more thing...
(probably not, since that station was never meant to service multiple players at once)
None of the stations were intended for multiple simultaneous connections. I believe that the zappy could be added to all stations.

If an object is preventing use of another, you should be able to destroy it without repercussion.
[NHOP]Virus
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

virus wrote:
S']['U wrote: One more thing...
None of the stations were intended for multiple simultaneous connections. I believe that the zappy could be added to all stations.
So what happens if 2 people are on it buying different APCs?
That's the sole purpose of that station. Making it capable of multi-player access would only create conflicts.
Maybe it can be altered so that you don't have to be facing it dead-on to access it?
virus wrote:If an object is preventing use of another, you should be able to destroy it without repercussion.
Have you ever tried to destroy your own team's portable gen and plasma floors?
It's nearly impossible.
Believe me, I tried.

Thanks for playing... :D

virus

Post by virus »

I said it could be, I never said we should add it to all stations. :) Ammo for one could also be "Zappyfied"
Objects should have a "box dimensions" that could increase the footprint of the item so items can't be placed too close to another. Should be easy. But in your example you showed a telepad. Kill the damn thing and set another... unless the intention of the telepad was to prevent you from accessing the station, then forget setting another one.
[NHOP]Virus
S']['U

Post by S']['U »

virus wrote:I said it could be, I never said we should add it to all stations. :) Ammo for one could also be "Zappyfied"
Objects should have a "box dimensions" that could increase the footprint of the item so items can't be placed too close to another. Should be easy. But in your example you showed a telepad. Kill the damn thing and set another... unless the intention of the telepad was to prevent you from accessing the station, then forget setting another one.
Yeah, I killed the telepad after team-chatting the reason why I was doing it. (in all caps too!)Image
The generator and plasma floors then appeared a few minutes later.
I can't really say right now whether or not it was intentional, but after the team notification about the telepad, I tend to think it was.

EDIT: After reviewing the demo, the telepad was placed by Speedy... most likely unintentionally, since there was another telepad in the enemy airbase at the time.

The plasma floors were placed by SKB Aristos, who was also carrying the flag. It appears that he saw me trying to access the station, saw me fail and then tried it himself.
Those don't seem like the actions of someone who put them there intentionally either.

(anyone still think I would make a bad admin?)Image
'][']-[RiLL3R

Post by '][']-[RiLL3R »

Now accepting Admin apps.
"Find a Job You Love and You'll Never Work a Day in Your Life"
virus

Post by virus »

With all the evidence brought forth, I'm surprised no action has been taken yet.
[NHOP]Virus
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Death666 wrote:Bump. How's the update going?
Many things patched. An update!!

Most know I was working on Team Arena, and that has been completed (95%, still room for more options, and a few renames in the text chat, but man it's working and runs smooth). I've fixed a few of the common known bugs, going to start looking for fixes to some of the ones I haven't. I'll make a list of what all I got so far when I have time this week. Think the only big one I haven't done off the top of my head is porta gen bug. Which I think I may have found the issue that was causing it, but I still need to do more testing.

When I get time I'll make a video showcasing all the new updates, and give a list in text.
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

Cool

Owner